Lilac

soycool

I did a little market research at a senior center where I volunteer. The people who participated were probally between 40 and older, and 22 people participated. Anyways I gave free tea lights if they would answer a few questions on a slip of paper and slip it in the box. An overwhelming majority said their favorite scent was Lilac--------this scent never even dawned on me. Im beginning to think scents I like aren't the norm.

I guess what I am wondering is since I consider this a hobby should I really care what other scents are popular? Eventually I might enjoy a craft fair or two but trying to decide on scents to try can really owerwhelm me.

Natalie

lilac breeze from mc has been my top seller this year so far.

you need to have all types of scents not just ones you like, some fresh & clean types, bakery, fruits, florals. most of the time my top sellers are bakery types it all depends on your area. alot of people can't give away bakery, for me i can't hardly give away fruity scents. good luck figuring it out.

Lilac has always been a huge seller for me in candles, soap and B&B. I have found that there are a lot of men that love this scent too. I have a few customers (male) that in come in regularly and buy nothing but lilac candles and another that just buys our lilac body butter for himself.

ACCCCCKKKKKKKKk!!! Unfortunately, Lilac is my best selling scent in candles, soaps, lotions, every freaking thing! I HATE it. It makes me sick, and of course it's probably the strongest scent that I carry. I throw a fit when I have to pour it, and of course my largest wholesale account sells the crap out of it, so when I have to pour for them it's a minimum of 14 cases at a time... ohhhhhhh the thought is making me nauseated. I just got done pouring 14 cases a few days ago. I have a short breather and I know soon I'll have more to pour.... lilac season lasts all damn year. Bleh.

Oh, I hate lilac too...but it's a huge seller for me ALL year. Don't make a mistake of doing a show in the Fall without it, you will be asked for it. I get alot of men asking for Honeysuckle too. I was never a floral candle consumer and I still don't burn them myself, but there's a market for them. I like spicy & bakery and unique scents...no florals in my house...yuck!!!

Who the heck are you all getting your lilac from that it sells so darn good. This year it hasn't sold for me at all, I always thought it smelled wonderful, I use the one from KY.

Any way I find I have to make a bunch of scents I don't like cause everyone is different. Good luck...

I get mine from Peak. I'm thinking it would be difficult to find one that was stronger LOL. Everyone adores it. Except me. Bleh.

I love Peaks as well. I gotta chime in for Majestic Mountain Sage though.. their Lilac is even stronger.. a bit more money, but I think it would be worth it to give it a try. Definitely around 1.2 ounces per pound so you would save some money there..

Add me to the list of those who dislike Lilac but have found it to be a best seller.

Over the years I have tried many florals and couldn't give them away...except for Lilac. I have used lilac from KY, SFS and Heartfelt's and it didn't matter from which supplier, Lilac has always been in my top 5, last year Heartfelt's Lilac in Bloom was my number one seller for the year. I've recently added Lilac Honeysuckle from JS and it's holding it's own sales wise.