Money Candles in containers~Jars

I remember several weeks ago some posted about money candles. I was curious so I was thinking and think and got started research it a little. But all of the Money candles I've seen are pillars or something similar. Thus far, and my research IS limited, I've never seen a money candle poured in a jar. Why is that? I even went the site where they make candles with wood wicks Viginia Candle Company and their money candle is not in a jar either. also I found out the make Money SOAP too!:confused: And I wondered how they sell?

Does anybody make money candles in jars? I also wondered where to get a small container to put the money in before placing it in the candle.

Not that I plan on making and selling them. If I do, it won't happen till mid next year but I'd like to have the protecter for testing!

Thanks for advice and information,

Fire

Well I was thinking that they would only be sold during the holidays and not year round. That way, the customers look forward to them! I've noticed many of the sites really charge a good amount for them too!

So If I sell my regualr candles for $12.00~ how much would you sell a money candle for? I think $15.00 or so is about right.

Fire

Just a thought...could you just roll up the bill and put it in a heat sealed pouch? I think this would work especially for soaps...

maybe not for candles though... may wrap in tin foil for candles?

Tin foil sound and looks cheap though. I would think there must be another way other than tin foild, A small metal container I can just sink into the wax would look more professional to me. JMO

Fire:confused:

I agree about tin foil sounding cheap, but you really didn't see it at all in the candle, just after it burned about 1/2 way down and it was laying flat so it could be removed easily. I don't even remember the company name or I would look for a website. I want to say I bought it in a gift shop somewhere along the CA coast as we were going to OR.

That looks fine, but when it gets pulled out it will leave a hole in the candle. The hole will fill in with melted wax and I think it will work fine. The one I bought the money was folded flat and wrapped flat in foil with the ends crimped in and when you got to it you could pull it up with tweezers and then burn the rest of the candle fine. I think either way will work!

I would use a coin as opposed to a bill.

I like the idea of coins too but what's the biggest denomination besides a silver dollar( that sounds stupid but is there a bigger denomination than the siver dollar?)

I want larger amounts than that in a candle. That would certainly work for the $1.00 though, I agree! But because I want them to sell well during the holidays, I want some to have $10.00 and $20.00 bills in them too. I don't live ina big city. I live in a rual community that has a good tourist attaction to it. with Amish Communities close by.

But again, I'm still in the research stages of this idea.

Do those who make them offer a variety of scents? I'd think you have to woudn't you?

Fire