How do you make the large bundt cake candles?

Ok, I hope this isn't a stupid question with an obvious answer right in front of me. But I have searched with every term I can think of and come up empty. I find all kinds of posts about the small cakes and I can find all types of molds online for the smaller ones, but not the large ones. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I would love to start playing around with these, I think they are so cute. And I have a very special aunt who loves them, I would like to get good enough at them by Christmas to make a few as gifts. Since pre-school starts before too much longer, I am going to have a few hours to myself, so maybe I'll have a little time to practice.

TIA

Jennifer

Well, I guess I'll chime in here. I make them every once in a while for friends. I use a bundt pan (from Walmart), spray with Pam and pour in my wax. I use 4625 (bakery wax). Let it set up all day, dump out! Wala!

I use a 3/32" drill bit and drill the wick holes, then insert wick. One other thing I do is fill in the hole in the middle with same wax, pour at high temp., let set up then insert a wick into that.

I purchase frosting from Rosies Candles (wax/gel combo) and drizzle that over the cake and place embeds on the top or a crumbed wax topping. They are super cute! Try one out, you'll love 'em!

Hope this helps you!

:grin2:

Candlelady,

You are an angel, thank you, thank you, thank you.:yay: :yay: :yay:

My aunt will be so surprised. She is the biggest reason I want to learn to make these. She is my grandmother's sister(actually my great-aunt) and probably the least selfish person I know. She loves candles and anything to decorate her home with, and is one of my biggest helpers.

She always keeps some of my candles and bath & body stuff at her house and everywhere she goes she promotes my stuff for me. I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without her help. I just can't get out and about as much as I would like to right now with my two babies, they are really good out in public, but it's too hard to pack one one each hip and try to tote around a bunch of stuff too. And many of the places I sell to aren't stroller friendly. But anyway, I'll do the best I can right now and enjoy time with my babies.

It won't be long until they are in school all day long and I'll be here all by myself. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: I know right now there are days I'd like to have a little me time, but I'm sure not looking forward to having them gone all day every day.

Ok, enough rambling. Thanks again. I guess I'm off to Wal-Mart. Woohoo!

• 13 years later...
On 7/30/2007 at 10:19 AM, candlelady said:

Well, I guess I'll chime in here. I make them every once in a while for friends. I use a bundt pan (from Walmart), spray with Pam and pour in my wax. I use 4625 (bakery wax). Let it set up all day, dump out! Wala!

I use a 3/32" drill bit and drill the wick holes, then insert wick. One other thing I do is fill in the hole in the middle with same wax, pour at high temp., let set up then insert a wick into that.

I purchase frosting from Rosies Candles (wax/gel combo) and drizzle that over the cake and place embeds on the top or a crumbed wax topping. They are super cute! Try one out, you'll love 'em!

Hope this helps you!

:grin2:

How do you pour the wax in the middle without it going everywhere ?