Dont you just love a bargain...

:shocked2: .. Or two. I woke up this morning with a beautiful blue sky (for once) and it inspired me to go to a carboot sale and see if i could find some more jugs for melting,mixing and pouring. I never normally find a bargain but today must have been a lucky day coz i found a stainless steel 2pt jug which was only 20p i was really pleased with myself and couldn't believe it when i found on another stall a double boiler which still had labels on but needed a bit of a clean so there i was playing it cool ready to barter saying to my b'friend i suppose it might work when the guy says you can have it for 50p!!! I nearly fell over gave him the money and left b 4 he could change his mind!

Best of all my lovely b'friend paid for them both,mind he'll be moaning about spilt wax soon so i'll just keep thanking him for now!!:yay:

So it got me wondering what fantastic bargains you have all had over the years?? Your best and your worst!

Guest Candelishis

When I started out, I was not ready to invest much money in something I was just dabbling in...jars are expensive when you only want to buy a few :) So there is this HUGE charity rummage sale at one of the local churches every year. I went, thinking there might be some old mason jars of various sizes I could get pretty cheap. Well, let me tell ya...I found a table that had three huge boxes of matching jars. They were all Libbey glass, and different sizes (each box had all one size in it). They were asking a nickel each for these jars, and at noon, everything went on sale half price. It was about 11:30. I hung around for a half hour, picked up the three boxes (hubby helped...they were heavy). And went and paid $2.50 for ONE HUNDRED beautiful jars. I had a $20 and told them to keep the change. It was, after all, a church sale, and I felt like I was stealing from the church to only pay two cents a piece...I gave a lot of candles away when I started out, asking people to give me feedback, and I stil have some of those jars left that I test with and give to friends for "just because" gifts.

I recently bought a Presto Pot for $2.50 at a thrift store's half-price sale. I had to spend about two hours cleaning the outside of it (the inside was pretty clean), but I figured it was worth the effort for that price. I've used it a couple of times and it works great.

Awesome bargins!!

A couple of weekends ago my hubby and Iwent to Big Bear California and hit some antique shops and I found a bunch of 8 oz mason jars for .25 each. I thought that was a bargin also but not like your church bargin!!!

Sept. 1st I go back there for a Antique Peddlers Show and hope to find some more items!!:yay:

I went to the local flea market to look for baby clothes when I was pregnant.

My son runs over to me, pulls me to this table which I thought just had a lot of junk on it. He screams to me isn't that what you use to make candles, I'll be darned there were 2 presto pots for $1.00 each. They work perfectly.

Thank goodness for my little buddy because I would of totally walked right passed that table.

About a month ago I went to a yard sale and there was a box of candle supplies for $20. I couldn't believe the price. There were 25 tart molds, 4 pillar molds, 10 votive molds, plugs for the pillar molds, and 2 pouring pots.

Hi,

Well here is my bargain, A lady was getting out of the business and had a commercial wax melter, about 600 lbs of wax, and yes the kind I can use, about 300 molds and much much more and I paid 500.00 for all of it, the melter alone was worth over 1,000.00!!! Let's just say I was really excited!!!!!!!!!

Valerie