Free Web Site??

I have a friend who is currently building me a free web site which is really nice but as its free it takes a while as its in his spare time. So i was wondering if you guys could recommend one of these trial ones which i could use for free whilst the proper one is being finished! Just so that i can use it almost like a newsletter and email a link to my customers with special offers and shows which i'll be attending that sort of thing so nothing too complicated but something really easy to use, i tried one before and after a week was practically bold i'd pulled my hair out so much!!!

Any suggestion would be great TIA!!:grin2:

Hi Chauntelle,

sorry can't recommend one but know how you feel.

Mine is being done by a 'friend', he promises and promises then has to do other stuff.

I have one little box of text to put in that I can't finish, and also can't manage to verify my new emails in incredimail.

It's been like this, for 5 weeks, how I've held it together I don't know!!!

tbh, when!? its finished, I'm going to run with it, until I have the money to get someone to make me a complete new website.

I need the whole kit and kaboodle, so will be looking for recommendations myself then :)

Know how you feel! My ones being done by my b'friends mate havent spoke to him 4 ages but last time he said it was almost done!! He works really long hours so i feel bad if i put on him too much!

I'm sure we'll get there adventually. let me know when its all finished would love to have a look i'm sure it will be fab!!

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences in dealing with 3rd party services that other the ability to build yoru own website through there templates, etc.?

I know godaddy.com offers it as well as hosting services.

Anyone been through them or others? I want to put together a website however want to make sure I select a decent one upfront. I can get a URL plus hosting for around $4.50 a month for a year.

let me know -

What do you get for %$7 a month? Is this for hosting services as well and ecommerce?

I'm looking on godaddy.com now and it looks like the basic package to have them host the website and for ecommercy capabilities would be $8.99 for a 12 month contract.

Any thoughts?

who can explain what you need to have?

I have my www name paid for, which I renew annually,

currently I have subdreamer (hosting company???) not sure what they are for!

and oscommerce which I believe is for the shop.

If I was to look elsewhere, what would I need to be looking for.

Jeez, is so confusing when you don't have a clue!!

I bought a spare something off the chap doing my site that is valid until October and cost me £30, is was something that would cope with the type of shop I wanted

anyone, someone, take pity lol, soz chauntelle, didn't mean to hijack, but thought it might be beneficial to you too xx

Hi again....Sorry for confusion!! bought my domain name from Godaddy.com, can't remember how much exactly, but not very much, and the $7 per month covers everything. The website is set up with Wahms...I hadn't a clue how to go about setting it all up, so a friend who has her site with Wahms set mine up for me & did the template etc. just as I wanted it. It is so easy to add products to, and for anything technical there is a great support forum ( AND MY FRIEND!) Hope this helps...Caz:highfive:

Hey wick n wax no probs websites go right over my head so the more input and q's asked the more i learn-i think LOL:confused:

Have u changed your little icon? i didnt recognise u for a while!

Hope you get some answers and understanding too!!

i want a website so badly that we convinced ourselves to buy a MAC apple computer which is all singing and dancing and you can even design websites on it! Only problem is neither of us have a clue how to use it!!!! Sad i know

AAARGHH:lipsrseal

Hey wick n wax no probs websites go right over my head so the more input and q's asked the more i learn-i think LOL:confused:

Have u changed your little icon? i didnt recognise u for a while!

Hope you get some answers and understanding too!!

i want a website so badly that we convinced ourselves to buy a MAC apple computer which is all singing and dancing and you can even design websites on it! Only problem is neither of us have a clue how to use it!!!! Sad i know

AAARGHH:lipsrseal

lol, yep changed my avatar, back to capt jack, need a Torchwood fix ;)

The only thing I have left to do on mine (well all that glaringly obvious to me anyway) is a little box that has privacy notice, shipping and returns etc in it. I'm thinking of just adding those as categories alongside pillars, containers, etc, at least the text will be on there for now.

Only other problem is, I use BT Yahoo email which goes straight through to incredimail, I've added my website emails on there, but it won't authenticate them, keeps asking me for a password, i'm putting in the one from bt yahoo email, as thats the primary one, but nope, it won't have it........:embarasse

I'm destined to sell candles on street corners ;)

lol' date=' yep changed my avatar, back to capt jack, need a Torchwood fix ;)

The only thing I have left to do on mine (well all that glaringly obvious to me anyway) is a little box that has privacy notice, shipping and returns etc in it. I'm thinking of just adding those as categories alongside pillars, containers, etc, at least the text will be on there for now.

Only other problem is, I use BT Yahoo email which goes straight through to incredimail, I've added my website emails on there, but it won't authenticate them, keeps asking me for a password, i'm putting in the one from bt yahoo email, as thats the primary one, but nope, it won't have it........:embarasse

I'm destined to sell candles on street corners ;)[/quote']

You make me laugh!!!

You will get there. I've thought about opening up my garden to the general public with a couple of friends who do crafts and hold a charity evening...Not quite the street corner though so i guess u win that one.

I must go and search for the web site before my itchy fingers end up in my candle cupboard and dive into the wax which is shouting 'play with me' not that i hear voices or anything:confused: !!!!

I have a friend who is currently building me a free web site which is really nice but as its free it takes a while as its in his spare time. So i was wondering if you guys could recommend one of these trial ones which i could use for free whilst the proper one is being finished! Just so that i can use it almost like a newsletter and email a link to my customers with special offers and shows which i'll be attending that sort of thing so nothing too complicated but something really easy to use, i tried one before and after a week was practically bold i'd pulled my hair out so much!!!

Any suggestion would be great TIA!!:grin2:

Instead of having a temporary site, I think it would be better to have your actual site up and running ASAP. I would rather pay someone to get it done sooner than have it free and not get it done in a timely manner. Another problem with having it done for free is if you want things changed after it's done, that could take a while as well.

or have someone build it for free, but then when they are unable to help further, have a very good friend off CT and her hubby, come along and finish it for you, doesn't get better than that!

You know who you are, I can't thank you enough xxx :grin2::thumbsup: