rustic jar lids

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone makes their own gold jar lids look rusty?

I have the tureen jars and wanna make the lids look rustic/rusty..like the kind you buy for the jj's.

Any ideas? Or has anyone even attempted this? I would like to do that if not to time consuming. I think the look would look great!

Thanks bunches,

Linda

Great TxGirl!!!

Can't wait until ya find it..lol.

I really like the look and think it'd be a cute idea..Didn't even know if anyone sold those or even made them(i make everything if I can,lol)

I have never seen them..just an idea I had!

I'll be around..so I'll be checking!!!

thanks TxGirl!!

Hi Linda,

It's been a long time since I checked but I think the site was Fillmore Containers. Do a search. They have like a million lids, and jars too.

Did you happen to see what I wrote before I deleted the above posts because I chickened out and deleted it all? I know those messages must have looked strange. Sorry ...

What I wanted to tell you is this is Kim your old friend and neighbor. Small world huh? LOL Anyway, no worries considering the falling out we had. It's water under the bridge. I think there is enough room here for the both of us. :) Who would have ever figured we'd cross paths on a message board after all this time?

I made a lot of candles last year and gave many away to family for Christmas, but I had to take a break. I was getting so frustrated at times with some of it and I got burned out quick. I'm enjoying doing it again now and it's going much better now - I've learned a lot more since then. I've been cooking candles non stop this weekend. It's fun but tiring. Been on my feet constantly.

Maybe some day soon we can catch up on the latest from the past few years, if you want. Let me know and I'll send you my email addy in a private message.

How have you been? Good I hope. We're doing OK here. Nice seeing you here. Have a nice evening. Need to get back to my candle making.

Kim

KIM?

OMG...no, I had no idea..I just got back into it a couple of months ago.Me and sis...after a few years break. We have done great so far. I have thought about calling you..do you know I never threw away where your dad lived or phone number. Of course you may not be there anymore, but I have hung on to it.

I think about you often.

I enjoy doing my candles..people really like them and it gets my mind off other things..just makes me happy.We have a show to do the beginning of Oct.We have sold a lot and really got our name out..can't believe how well it has gone in 2 months..and we have a couple of wholesale accounts to.

If you want to email me I don't mind...I have to get busy again this week myself..got another order Friday...and bunches to stock back again!

It is a small world....

Take care...

Ohhhh...ya know I did catch that thread..and I tried to email you..and you have it set to not receive emails.

I was gonna ask where you were from..lol.

WOW..the good Lord works in mysterious ways dosen't he?

I looked at Flimore before but didn't recall seeing them, but then I wasn't looking for those type lids either,lol.

I hope you all are well to..

Linda

I would love to hear from you! I'll send you my email addy right now.

I was up all night doing the candles and I am so tired. I slept a little bit this morning, but I got up so I can check the candles and I need to feed my animals. I have have a farm now with chickens, ducks, goats, rabbits, etc. Stephanie has a Ferret now too! How is Simon? Do you still have him? Hers is named Ricky. He is a cutie and a sweetie. I didn't realize ferrets are so much fun.

To keep this on topic .... Don't ever use EZSoy it is horrible! I tried it for the 1st time because I need to save some money this week. It's brittle, it cracks its lumpy, ugly and the wicks, even the larger ones that worked for me before are wimpy in this stuff. I'll never ue this stuff again.

I'm glad your candle business is doing well. :yay: Have a great day! Talk to ya later.

Kim

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone makes their own gold jar lids look rusty?

I have the tureen jars and wanna make the lids look rustic/rusty..like the kind you buy for the jj's.

Any ideas? Or has anyone even attempted this? I would like to do that if not to time consuming. I think the look would look great!

Thanks bunches,

Linda

I buy my jars with the rustic lids now but before I did I would buy spray paint at wal-mart. The kind I used had a texture to it, I think it was called hammered metal or something, anyhow it comes in several colors, I bought the closest to rust. they looked great!!

I did generally rough up the lids with a bit of sandpaper before spraying though HTH!