For those that make bathbombs...

andyjack

How do you get them to stay round? As mine are drying they get flat on the bottom and I was wondering if there was any way to prevent that from happening? I looked at lots of round bombs in the gallery so I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks.

I think you have them too wet. What are your ingredients? You can PM me if you have any questions. I am no expert but I have made quite a few of them.

Chauna

I used the snowbomb recipe from the gallery. I think it was:

2 c baking soda

1 c cornstarch

1 c citric acid

1/3 cup oil ( I used grapeseed)

fragrance

I omitted the water and sprayed the mixture with witch hazel instead. It didn't seem to be too wet cause I didn't have any problems with the citric reacting. I guess I'll have to experiment to come up with a recipe that works for me.

I put mine on a wire rack to dry while turning them every few minutes so they don't get a dent until they are set up enough to not dent.

:rolleyes2 Why didn't I think of that? For some reason I thought I could just let them sit and dry.

I agree that if they are actually getting flat then they have too much water. But I took your statement to mean that you are getting a flat part where the bomb is touching the surface they are laying on which will happen from the weight of the bath bomb and the little bit of moisture needed to hold it together. Turning them every minute or so helps under those circumstances. Unfortunately, I tend to get busy and forget to keep turning.

Looks like too much oil to me. I don't use nearly that much, and mine don't flatten. I never turn them. Just put 'em on the rack and go.

Add citric last, and work quickly to get them molded fast. As they dry out, they get wonkier. Oh, and make sure to not make them on a super humid day.