opions needed please

airforcewife

I am almost through with the biggest knitting project that I have ever taken on its for my husband who is getting ready to deploy to uae in 2 months and I can't decide if I want to put some thing on the back of it or not. I was thinking to use a fabric, but then I thought about knitting up a piece for the back. I just don't know which on I should do. All I know is that this thing is big when I finish it today it will be 105in X 106in and I am tired of knitting on it all though it has only taken about 3 weeks.

here are pictures of the front, the back, and the front and the back together.

post-4890-13945843105_thumb.jpg

post-4890-139458431051_thumb.jpg

post-4890-139458431053_thumb.jpg

post-4890-139458431053_thumb.jpg

Wow, thats gorgeous! Im also working on a bigger than normal knitting project right now (a white and silver shawl for my sisters wedding). My personal recommendation would be to leave it as it, because adding fabric will add bulk, and usually knitting is thick enough on its own. You could do a knitted back, if the knitting is a loose weave or if you are wanting to add some bulk to it. Since its so big, im thinking that by adding anything will make it very heavy. Just my thoughts. Great job on it, I gotta say:yay: !

HTH,

Linaya