Ornies...

I'm looking to use an elastic (perferably black) string to tie my ornies when i start making them. Any recommendations on suppliers that provide this? I went to our local craft store however in the jewerly dept. however they wanted almost $30 for a small roll. I was hoping there were other options out there....

I know an option is to use a roll of ribbon. That would be my second option however I'd prefer more of an elastic similar to what is used when you purchase any other air freshner at stores.

thoughts???

Hi there~

I have been making ornies for almost a year now. I don't use the black elastic but I do use the white, I am able to get it at Michael's or JoAnn's for something like $1.50 (not sure if that is right, I bought a lot the last time I bought it) this is in individual package not on a roll. I find it in the jewelry/bead dept.

Sorry, not much help I guess. Just wanted to let you know where I get mine.

HTH some :)

Cathryn

www.mtviewgifts.com

cmaine - how much length of elastic string are you getting for $1.50? I'll haev to stop by those stores next time. i have them around the corner from me.

You prefer these as well or did you try something else that wasn't successful? Is there a certain size of string you get? I know some of them I was looking at were VERY thin.

thanks!