Does anyone know a secret.........

roady

Kinda befuddled here too on what exactly you are asking BUT if you are wondering how to make a per se regular paper label have a glossy finish I have done a couple different things. I have sprayed the labels before placing on the candle jar with clear glossy spray paint but it is really stinky. You must spray them outside or you'll get a good buzz (don't ask me how I know) :laugh2:

My latest attempt that I am pleased with is I have purchased clear labels the same size as my kraft and just placed it over top my normal label. This works extremely well for me especially for B&B products.

HTH

Oooooh, great idea. Thas one I never thought of. I have a ton of clear labels that I bought for lip balm. That would also help protect them for smudges and things like that. It might cost a little more but they will sure look better. I thought about using some contact paper but then thought about hours of cutting out all those label and thought better of it.

I'm sorry for not being more clear...lol! :rolleyes2 I have a ton of regular labels, actually I use the Avery Name Badges and I was wondering of a way to make them glossy to bring out the colors more.....

thx so much for all of your help!!!

Chantel

Try using the avery address labels that are white. Print your info on them and then buy the clear avery address labels and put those on the top of your white labels. They will look very fuzzy. To correct this, you need to remove the compound that is added to the clear label so the ink will adhere. Just get a rag and dampen it. Wipe the labels, the clear part, really well and you will be able to see the compound wipe away. They look awesome. You would think that they were done professionally. They are also waterproof from small liquid spills but they are definitely not something to use on B&B. Liquid can still get liquid to the label around the edges. They do take a while to get the clear on the white just perfect but its worth it.Try it out. Mine look wonderful.

Try using the avery address labels that are white. Print your info on them and then buy the clear avery address labels and put those on the top of your white labels. They will look very fuzzy. To correct this, you need to remove the compound that is added to the clear label so the ink will adhere. Just get a rag and dampen it. Wipe the labels, the clear part, really well and you will be able to see the compound wipe away. They look awesome. You would think that they were done professionally. They are also waterproof from small liquid spills but they are definitely not something to use on B&B. Liquid can still get liquid to the label around the edges. They do take a while to get the clear on the white just perfect but its worth it.Try it out. Mine look wonderful.

hmmmm......that sounds like a great idea! One (probably dumb question) :embarasse though. If you wipe off the backs of the clear labels, isn't that what makes it stick to the other one?

Your not going to wipe off the backs of the clear labels. You are going to wipe off the fronts. You stick the back of the clear label to the front of the white one. Then, I stuck the labels to my container and then wiped the label down with a wet rag to get the compound off. The clear labels have the stickly side and a side that has a compound to it so the ink will adhere. You are wiping off the side that is not sticky.

Your not going to wipe off the backs of the clear labels. You are going to wipe off the fronts. You stick the back of the clear label to the front of the white one. Then, I stuck the labels to my container and then wiped the label down with a wet rag to get the compound off. The clear labels have the stickly side and a side that has a compound to it so the ink will adhere. You are wiping off the side that is not sticky.

okayyyyyyyy........i got it now! LOL Thanks soooooo much for all your help and wonderful idea! :yay:

Thanks, the idea was Brenda's. I just went and tested and tested until I got the method down pat. Another tip, just tired this today, the clear labels by avery have the easy peel feature. When you are ready to apply the clear on top of your white. Lake the clear labels one section, one column, at a time. Use the small exposed sticky end and line it up with one column of your white labels. Press down really well and then remove the rest of the backing and press the rest of the label down really well. It kinda hard putting into into words where others will understand it. For you to understan what I am sayinng, you would need the labels in front of you or a video to watch. When or if you decide to try them, if theres is anyway I could help, just contact me. Hope they look just as good as mine do.