Kids - they are the best

CareBear

My BF thinks my soaping hobby (ok, ok addiction) is absurd. And he doesn't like smelly stuff. (besides that he's pretty ok).

His son gave me a huge lift tho - Neil tells me that his 9 year old son came running down the stairs this morning yelling that he found a "super cool bar of soap" (it was a bar I gave Neil, who left it on top of the fridge for 3 months)! He's my new favorite.

Awwww... that's great. You need to design a bar of soap just special for him… and name it after him. And, of course, give him a percentage of any of it you sell!:yay:

My hubby is trying very hard to be supportive of my soap (in other words as long as he doesn’t have to see it he won’t complain about it… to much) ... but my oldest grand daughter LOVES the sweet green tea soap I made last month, and took at least one bar of ever batch of soap I’ve made so far (4 bars of the sweet green tea). She and the UPS guy are my biggest fans. He finds excuses to stop by even if I don’t have any deliveries to see if I have anything that needs testing! :P

LOL, that's funny. He'd totally be my favorite too! Thankfully hubby doesn't mind my little soaping problem. He's pretty supportive of whatever I do.. he told me long ago what he liked and didn't like in a bar of soap, and I make his according to his specs.. what's not to like? :D

Whenever I participate in a soap swap he's a pretty big help too, he tries all the bars and gives his 2cents on each.. I appreciate it, don't know if anyone else does or not LOL.

:highfive: How cool - unsolicited, totally honest praise. That must make you feel so great!!

And G'Ma - about your UPS guy - I've got "Legally Blond" running through my head now. Practice that Bend & Snap, girl! :laugh2:

He’s a CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked2: OK… he’s an adult, but younger than my own adult children! He likes the rose M&P soap I make for his mother!:P

Besides… it’s been a long time since I could do a “Bend & Snap” with out hurting myself!:embarasse

He’s a CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked2: OK… he’s an adult, but younger than my own adult children! He likes the rose M&P soap I make for his mother!:P

Besides… it’s been a long time since I could do a “Bend & Snap” with out hurting myself!:embarasse

LMAO!! I was just thinking.. Yep, Bend and SNAAAAP! The snap would undoubtedly be something that wasn't supposed to snap, and I'm quite sure it wouldn't be pretty! ahhhhh well!

LMAO!! I was just thinking.. Yep, Bend and SNAAAAP! The snap would undoubtedly be something that wasn't supposed to snap, and I'm quite sure it wouldn't be pretty! ahhhhh well!

Yup... That would about be the way it would be, well, maybe a few snaps... and a couple crackles... probabaly a pop or two too!:shocked2:

His whole family (My BF, his mom, his sisters) - they all think I'm weird for making soap. Their granny lived in rural Scotland (died last year) and always made her own and they grew up with that - so for them hand made soap is a horrid thing. Even trying it hasn't won them over (they would much rather buy it).

So I'll take what I can get!

My husband tolerates my addiction however he loves to point out that it is a silly thing and I am wasting too much money on it (even if I do get orders for what I make lol)!

However...now here's the kicker...

He will be the first to come out before a shower or bath and ask what I have made that he can use :laugh2:

What a dork rofl!

ANgi

My husband tolerates my addiction however he loves to point out that it is a silly thing and I am wasting too much money on it (even if I do get orders for what I make lol)!

However...now here's the kicker...

He will be the first to come out before a shower or bath and ask what I have made that he can use :laugh2:

What a dork rofl!

ANgi

How did you get him to try it? I've barely gotten my hubby to use it to wash his hands with... He refuses to use it in the shower.

And CareBear... will we ever get to see this soap that impressed a 9 yr old boy? It must great! Please share it with us!

How did you get him to try it? I've barely gotten my hubby to use it to wash his hands with... He refuses to use it in the shower.

Remove all other soaps from the shower and he'll have no choice!!! LOL!:highfive:

It took my husband some time to come around as well, but he loves it now.

My boys (7, 4, 3) are my best 'advertisers' though! They love to talk about mommy's smelly stuff. They'll hand people a bar of soap and demand they smell it. My kids also have the softest skin in the world. Mommy can't put lotion on (or make lotion) without 3 boys wanting to put some on. Sometimes they smell a little girly, but they have incredibly soft skin!!!