Hang tags, take pity please :)

Hi,

I've got some large apothecary jars and I'd like to make hang tags for them.

Now printing labels and lining them up, I can just about manage but hang tags, well waaaaaaaay beyond me.

I have some pieces of nice glossy card, measuring 21 x 15 1/2 cms (can I feed those directly into the printer?)

I have microsoft powerpoint, publisher and also avery design pro.

Absolutely no idea where to start......... someone please take pity on me ;)

once you know how to do this sort of thing, it must seem like a dumb question hehe

Have you thought about using Avery business cards? You just need to rotate the text and change the margins (play with it a little) so that the card folds in half and you have a nice hang tag. Or you could print two on one card and cut it in half, so you would not have a folded hang tag. Someone here recommended dipping the cards in tea and then drying in a slow oven. I tried that and loved the results. It looks like old parchment paper. hth

I print mine on single sheets of cardstock on the business card template. I make sure that it's set up so the business card lines print out so I have a guide to cut the hangtags evenly and then cut with my scrapbooking paper cutter. They come out perfect everytime but are a lot of work.

I have tried business cards but didn't like the rough edge they had on them.

thanks gmp :)

For now I'd rather try and use the paper I have, just wasn't sure whether I could feed non-A4 sheets through the printer.

Blest2bamerican, thats sounds good. Does it show you the shape of a business card on screen, or just print out that size?

Sorry to sound dumb, but I'm so confused lol :confused:

well, managed to do some, in a fashion lol.

Having to cut them myself, so will have to cut them straighter!

I'm wondering though, labels would be so much easier, is there a see-through label of any sorts, so that it looks like the printing is on the glass/jar?

yvette what about some prim looking type luggage labels then you can either write or print your own details on them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-Primitive-Grunge-Buff-Luggage-Label-Tags-with-string_W0QQitemZ180141362633QQihZ008QQcategoryZ31739QQcmdZViewItem

i got some of these and the cream today and round a jar and tin they look good, also you can change the string for what ever you like possibly to match colour of candle etc...........you get the idea:confused: