Fantasy Creme Maker

jaybyrd

I just tried this stuff from Oregon Trails, and I have to say it delivers what it promises. I only used 2.5% fcm with 20% oils/butters & 1% germall+. Popped it all in my mixing cup with distilled H2O and was prepared, based on CP experience, to spend some time with the stick blender checking for trace-type effects. Instead:

Zizz.

Zizz.

Zi- FLOOP!!

Cup-full of thick, white cream. Literally an eyeblink. Honestly, I felt as though someone had hit the "pause" button on the world and changed cups on me.

Now, I've never attempted to make any lotion/creams other than this, so I have no idea how it compares to products from the more complex methods. More experienced lotion makers might not be tempted, but I'm very happy with my results. I was wiping the spatula all over my legs to be sure to use every last speck of my cream rather than rinsing it down the drain. It feels great on my skin so far, and the texture is holding up to the godawful heat in my house. We'll see how it pans out over the long term; it's so easy & quick, it makes experimenting with different small batches much more appealing. Has anyone else had any experience with the stuff?

I bought this product a few years ago and it was horrible.

Sticky and slimey. I tried a few different recipes and sold both bottles in the classifieds. You can buy cetyl alcohol, stearic and e wax MUCH cheaper. But I am glad you have having good results with it. ;)

I should add that I love Oregon Trails for fragrances. LOL!

I have used Fusion Magic which is the same product from Kangaroo Blue. It is very easy to use and I loved the nice thick Body Butter I was able to make. Mine did not feel sticky at all. I made it well over 6 months ago and there is nothing sticky about it. One caution I will note is that you still must follow proper lotion making techniques. When I was reading all bout FCM and FM there was very little talk of properly heating and holding water. They just mention to use warmed water. After further investigating this, it was my understanding that the water needs to be heated and held then cooled to warm. You don't have to worry about temps of water and oils being similar, but water still needs to be treated properly. If you just add straight or only warmed water, you are asking for bacteria growth.

Ann M

:grin2: Thanks for all the feedback, folks, I really do appreciate it. I had noticed the texture isn't quite the same as other lotions, but then not all lotions are alike anyway. I'm going to keep using the FCM cream I made for a few days, then go back to something else for a few days & see what sort of difference there is. If the oils I used are working well long term, I can live with sticky for an overnight treatment, but if not - well, it was fun while it lasted & into the trash it goes.

Mine arrived yesterday and I tried the shea body butter recipe from the review on Kangaroo Blues site. Its pretty butter heavy so I was amazed how instantaniously it turned into a thick, shiney cream. I just kinda stood there thinking how I was missing out on stirring as it cooled, and stirring some more before bottling. The cream felt great on my legs so I am excited about trying a lotion to see if it will be pourable. I am happy to try some of my more expensive oils with it now I have seen some results.