Looking for straight Birch scent...

gmp

Thank you. Any other recommendations out there? I know this is a tough scent to find.

I don't know that you'll find one that smells like a straight birch unless you go with an EO instead of an FO. There are a lot of suppliers that carry the EO - essential oils university and camden grey come to mind.

As for the FO, EAC carries a vanilla birch, it's in close out right now. S4C also carried a blend. I'm not sure if they still do. Genwax also had one (they've really cut their line down, tho, so I'm nut sure they kept it and it was a very sweetened version, not like the EO, but I really like it).

About the wintergreen, that's interesting that it smells like straight birch. I'll have to give it a try.

I've been searching for a birch for years that smells like the one Crabtree & Evelyn used to carry (not at all like straight). It's been so long, I can't remember what that one smells like anymore so I've given up the search.

I don't know that you'll find one that smells like a straight birch unless you go with an EO instead of an FO. There are a lot of suppliers that carry the EO - essential oils university and camden grey come to mind.

As for the FO, EAC carries a vanilla birch, it's in close out right now. S4C also carried a blend. I'm not sure if they still do. Genwax also had one (they've really cut their line down, tho, so I'm nut sure they kept it and it was a very sweetened version, not like the EO, but I really like it).

About the wintergreen, that's interesting that it smells like straight birch. I'll have to give it a try.

I've been searching for a birch for years that smells like the one Crabtree & Evelyn used to carry (not at all like straight). It's been so long, I can't remember what that one smells like anymore so I've given up the search.

Thank you! Like you, the person who requested this had a birch scented candle years ago, loved it, and can't find it anywhere now.

Thank you! Like you, the person who requested this had a birch scented candle years ago, loved it, and can't find it anywhere now.

I' m wondering then if you really want a straight birch. I didn't find it to be very pleasant alone in wax, but that could be just me.

One scent that came the closest to what I was looking for is called Bonsai. Oregon Trails carries it, as does another supplier that isn't coming to mind. You might want to pick up a sample and give it a try - it's an awesome scent.

I' m wondering then if you really want a straight birch. I didn't find it to be very pleasant alone in wax, but that could be just me.

One scent that came the closest to what I was looking for is called Bonsai. Oregon Trails carries it, as does another supplier that isn't coming to mind. You might want to pick up a sample and give it a try - it's an awesome scent.

THank you for the suggestion! I don't know a thing about birch, lol. The only reason why I said "straight" birch is b/c I saw a birch and violet listed on one supplier and I don't think that's what my friend had in mind. He only said that it was a great scent, and that he also loved the scent of burning birch, and as I said earlier, that he had a candle years ago and loved it. Perhaps the scent he remembers was more complex than just birch and he didn't realize it. I will look into the Bonsai, thank you very much.

Sweet birch (Betula lenta) is identical to wintergreen.

Birch tar (Betula alba) is totally different, fragrance similar to burnt wood. It is the predominant note in Henri Bendel's Firewood. WSP has the so called dupe, it is not even remotely close.

Oh wow, thanks for that info! It really helps! I"m sure I'll be able to find something for my friend now.