Almost ready for cp

NamaNama

You don't need any particular oil - you can typically soap with what you can get. If you have a recipe you are fond of but cannot find one of the oils in it, play around at soapcalc.com to see what oils are comparable.

If you don't have a recipe then take a look at millersoap.com (or is it millersoaps.com??) for some ideas.

ETA: you can often find hydrogenated palm at natural food stores like Whole Foods - it is in a tub and looks like Crisco.

What CareBear said, ditto. That being said, I haven't invested in palm oil myself - spending $ all on CO & fancy oils - but where a recipe calls for palm oil, I've subbed in lard with very nice results. That wouldn't do for the Vegan folks, of course. Also make sure to run any changes through lye calculators.

Soon you will be one of us . . . (mwah-hah-hah-hah!)

:grin2:

ETA: you can often find hydrogenated palm at natural food stores like Whole Foods - it is in a tub and looks like Crisco.

I found some in whole foods. The label saids it's "non-hydrogenated" organic shortening (pam oil). Don't know if it's ok, but I'm gonna try it.