I am bath bomb challenged!

Mnhorsemom

Well, I tried again this morning to make bath bombs. I tried with a meatballer and just CAN NOT get them to come out :undecided The recipe I used was 1 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup citric, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup slsa for the dry and 3 1/2 tbsps oil (I used jojoba and canola) 1 tbsp water and about 2 tbsp FO. I can't seem to figure out how to get them to come out whole with the meatballer. I always get 2 halves :cry2: So, can anyone tell me the secret of the meatballer?? I ended up using 1/2 of one of the big plastic molds I have to make the bombs.(never have been able to get the 2 halves of that to stick together either) I can make really nice 1/2 bombs.

Comparing this recipe with others I've seen, it looks like you may be using too much liquid. That's a total of 6 1/2 tbsp for 2 1/4 cups of dry mix. Seems like the ones I saw on the Dish only call for about 4 1/2 tbsp. in 2 1/2 cups of dry mix.

Never add water!!!!!!!!! Especially if you are already having a hard time with them, I use very little Oil and a tiny bit of water based color and that is enough, citric acid just does not like the water. I was unable to get a bomb until I stopped adding water or alcohol.

Michelle