Forever Pillar?

I am going to attempt to make a forever pillar with a votive insert, however i am from the U.K do not have access to the plugs i have read about on here, do they work just as well putting the glass votive holder straight in?

Also is it best making them unfragranced and just scenting the votive? I am going to attach water slide decals so would they attach easier to an unfragranced candle?

Lastly would a three inch pillar mold be wide enough?

Thankyou :grin2:

Hi Victoria,

I've made one, I put the votive holder upside down in a 3" mould. I weighted it down with a piece of metal pipe. However, it did want to move slightly, so held it in place for about 5-10mins.

I used straight paraffin on it, 135mp that we get in the UK.

hth

I've not done a votive forever pillar, but I have done a few tealight ones, I didn't have the plugs either so I pushed the glass tealight holder upside down into a flattened out piece of bluetac, then cut around so the bluetac was level with the edge of the glass, I then pushed the glass holder upside down into the mould, which stuck and sealed it at the same time. I've had no leaks yet.

When its time to remove the pillar I push a wick pin through the wick hole of the mould, and push down gently on a hard surface and it breaks the seal of the bluetac and pushes the pillar out without damaging it, because the wick pin is pushing on the glass and not the wax AS LONG as the candle is ready to be removed and is not still squishy in the middle :grin2: Not that I have ever done that but I bet it would make a mess.

Did that make sense LOL.

Anjie,x.

Thankyou everyone, i am going to try one as soon as i get my order of wax and decal paper, i am making a forever wedding pillar for a friend. Think i will try it unscented, Ginger i did do a search but they are just a few points that i could not find.

I know,I asked keith at candle lights if he could get it but he said he couldnt buy it wholesale so it would work out cheaper to buy myself. He gave me the name of the US Website he uses, but you have to buy a lot at once. He has sold me a few of his sheets for me to try. How about once i try these few sheets, we could order together (Plus anyone else who is interested in the U.K) and split the delivery- as on that site it is $20 no matter how much you order?