NJ gathering

dee263

The folks at Bluegrass Candle Supply held a gathering for 2 or 3 years. I think it was held in Lexington. I don't think they do it anymore. There use to be a really good one up in Greenwood, IN (outside of Indianapolis) and the lady in charge quit doing them. I can't remember the reason why. The one in Canton, OH was held back in June or July. It is suppose to be a good one.

I'm a snob, I want one here in Louisville :D so I don't have to travel far. Being that I don't want to be far from the kids as my husband is deploying soon and it will be just me and the 2 boys and baby girl.

Thanks for the info though!!!

Angi

• 1 month later...

The NJ gathering was held on Sunday, October 14th. It was a wonderful day - nice people, good speakers/demonstrators, great food, an unbelievable goodie bag, and door prizes galore. I guess I should have posted before the gathering but was I the only CTer there? I did meet most of the people there and I didn't recognize any names. If you were there and I missed you I'm sorry :( If you weren't there and live close enough, definitely think about attending next year; you won't be sorry!!

I'm glad you had fun. I truly expected to go and feel bad I didn't since I'm pretty local (NJ and all!)

I didn't make it cause my son's asthma has just been horrible these last few days. And I have to (try to) keep my priorities straight (don't like to leave him with a sitter when he's like this).

I feel really bad, and had expected my goody bag anyway since the availability was supposed to be based on when you registered and I was one of the first. But I sent a message to the coordinator and haven't heard back so I guess I can sadly kiss that one goodbye.

From what I have heard on the group and all...I'm pretty sure they are going to allow people who couldn't make it pay for shipping and Iship your goodie bags. From what I saw of the goodie bags...I would pay big time for the shipping. Those goodie bags were HUGE AND FILLED WITH SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Did you try emailing Karen or Valerie...they were the 2 that had the goodie bags.

It was a great time!! Sorry you had to miss it!

Kim

Karen IS going to send me the stuff. I'm such a whiner - I cannot believe I was so impatient! I'll bet they are still totally wiped out!!! If I could go back and change my post I will. I've GOT to start being more of an optimist!

So if Karen or anyone else catches wind of this - my deepest apologies.

Karen IS going to send me the stuff. I'm such a whiner - I cannot believe I was so impatient! I'll bet they are still totally wiped out!!! If I could go back and change my post I will. I've GOT to start being more of an optimist!

So if Karen or anyone else catches wind of this - my deepest apologies.

I'm sure everyone understands you were posting from disappointment :smiley2:

You did what you had to do as a mom. Believe me, if I added up all the things I've had to forego b/c one of my kids was sick, had an activity etc and my husband was working I'd probably lay down and cry. My kids are older now (23, 16 & 13) so I can do more than I used to, but they still come first.

You'll looove your goodie bag!