Texas Candlemaker's Conference

I recently received a copy of the below email message from a friend who attends our conference each year, and I just wanted to clear any confusion. My Texas Candlemaker's Conference is not related in any way to the gatherings hosted by Stacey Mitchell. She did host a gathering several years ago, but I started the Texas Candlemaker's Conference in 2004, held our second conference in 2006 and have the next conference scheduled for July 2008 and July 2010, hosting the conference every 2 years in Lufkin, Texas.

Ms. Mitchell did not attend our conferences and was not involved in the planning of our conferences. The conference which she mentions that had over 200 guests, was our 2004 conference, and we had over 170 at the 2006 conference, neither of which did she take part.

Ms. Mitchell never refunded registration monies to several people who registered to attend her gathering which never took place in 2004. She also did not return the donations provided by several suppliers for that same gathering. I realize occurances might have prevented her from following through with her scheduled gathering, but because she mishandled the refunds, returns, and notifications of registered guests that the gathering was cancelled, I want to make it clear that we are in no way affiliated with Ms. Mitchell.

As mentioned, some people were not refunded their money, suppliers' donations were not returned, and some people event traveled to Lufkin to attend the gathering which never took place; and upon further research, it was determined that Ms. Mitchell had in fact never reserved the gathering location/facility.

I attended Ms. Mitchell's gathering in 2003 which was a satisfactory meeting of about 40-50 people, but I decided to start the Texas Candlemaker's Conference thereafter, along with the help of several wonderful candlemakers, soapers, and suppliers who continue to assist us each year.

Please view our conference website for more details on our upcoming events www.texascandleconference.com and for questions please contact me at texascandleconference@thewaxwagon.com.

Again, the Texas Candlemaker's Conference is hosted by myself and several great friends, a completely separate event from Ms. Mitchell's gatherings listed in her below email. The Texas Candlemaker's Conference is more than a friendly gathering of candlemaking and soap-making friends...we have so much to offer...including suppliers on-hand for sales and information, contests, demonstrations, speeches, classes, discount sales, info on going into business, games, networking, and at our next conference simultaneous classes and demos for even more exciting learning possibilities. I look forward to seeing you at the Texas Candlemaker's Conference in 2008!

J.T. Burnett

Owner, The Wax Wagon

Coordinator, Texas Candlemaker's Conference, est. 2004

Upcoming conference July 2008 and July 2010 in Lufkin, TX at Pitser Garrison Civic Center

Ms. Mitchell's email message:

My name is Stacey Mitchell. I am a candle & bath and body maker/ business owner in Lufkin Texas .

I originally hosted the Candle Convention in Lufkin in 2002 and 2003. I started a new job in 2004 and went through a tough divorce. J.T. Burnett was kind enough to take over the Lufkin meeting for a while, however I MISS IT GREATLY. So guys I am thrilled to tell you I will once again be hosting these meetings including one in Lufkin . Candle and soap making is addictive as you all know!!!

I miss the people and being up to date on all the new items out there. This time I am taking it on full speed ahead. Please sign me up for your newsletters and inform me of new products you add to your line. I am developing a website to post review from the meeting samples giving to attendees . Everyone who attends will be asked to email or fax these to me. I am also offering to add each attendee who brings 3 scent reviews or product ideas for supporting suppliers into a drawing for the best door prizes! I will be including all my original ideas along with tons of new ones!

I am very excited I started this meeting originally with just a dream and thirst for new ideas. Today I have the thirst plus years of experience with the industry, running a business plus 7 years of sales and marketing experience. My focus for theses meetings is three fold. First to excite the business owners and hobbyist buying your products. Next to educate them allowing business growth, including giving them product knowledge allowing them to save money, which they can invest into new products. Last to advertise and market your business up close and personally to these consumers. Think of me as outside sales for your company if you will!!

All I ask is for you to help me spread the excitement about these meetings, share your concerns and ideas, support us by donating goodies for our goodie bags/ door prizes and have fun with us!

I’m enclosing all the information you need on the attached form. Thank you . Please call with all questions anytime (936)465-2731. Please leave a message and I will return your call within 24 hours.

Sincerely,

Stacey Mitchell

These are the schelduled meetings. I do know attendance yet, however over 200 attended the Lufkin meeting last year! WOW! I will start posting and emailing as soon as I have a handful of sponsors. You can sponsor one or all. I will get results and these will be yearly events that will grow!

July 28 Lufkin , TX

Aug 07 Aberdeen , SD

Sept. 07 Kearney , NE

Oct. 07 Salina , KS

Nov. 07 Dallas , Tx

Dec. 07 Orlando , Fl

JT I cant believe I just read that email from Stacey. She is not in touch with reality.

I think everyone needs to know that JT started The Texas Candle Conference and Stacey had nothing at all to do with it. I can still remember the headaches JT went through trying to gain trust of suppliers that stacey had burned. Not to mention the attendees.

Looking forward to the July 2008 Texas Candle Conference. Not sure what Stacey is trying to do but I dont think I will be participating or donating anything that way.

Thanks for posting this JT. I was wondering what happened to her.

Rob in tx