Tagline too close for comfort?

Bunny

That's where I've seen it! I go to Shipshe a couple of times a year and I thought I saw it there but was thinking of the old Davis Hotel that burned. Thanks!

Welcome.:grin2: yep I try and make it there once a month til the weather gets bad. Love shopping at Yoder's. Only decent place to buy meat. It's only like an hour drive for me....have you been to the new building they put up since the fire? The candle shop there is nuts...lol and the candy shop......:drool:

The lotions and potions is right next door to Yoder's meat market.

Sorry back to the thead.....

I agree with most that it is a very common phrase to add to the end of a string of nouns... BUT... I guess it's more the principle. They are both bath and body companies. It's not so much about if it's ok to use in the first place because of the movie from which it originated, so much as it is the lack of creativity by the second person to try to use it as well for the same business genre. But having said that... it's very possible that great minds think alike..or minds in general or whatever, lol. With out CT i'd have never thought to surf the web for a similar or same name to make sure that I didn't infringe on anyone elses idea. I'm just lil ol me with no near future intentions of selling and a retail threat to no one, but like to put a professional look on the products I make and share with friends and family... so I do have a business name. And then if I used it like that ... yanno...jes lil ol me.... for years -then decided to profit from it- I don't know what I'd do if someone already had that name.

But if they did know it was already in use for a similar market....On the one hand, it's not illegal to use it, so if you love it use it I guess. But on the other hand... who wants to be the person who secretly knows they totally ripped off the idea ......to use an idea. It probably wouldnt be worth it to me. So I feel for ya Bunbun. :awww: JMHO

Well, I'm gonna step in here and try to clear stuff up at least as to the tagline (NOT domain name) that's at question...Butters. Bubbles and Bombs Oh My! is/was my tagline for a website I've finally decided to launch and obviously has some upset. I'm not trying to stir up this thread, just stating facts here so others understand that I've not copied or stolen anything from anyone here on this board.

In Sept of 2003 I purchased my domain name for my bath and body products. At that time I was only doing a couple of small craft shows here and there and making things for family and friends. On my business cards and brochures I used the tagline "Butters, Bubbles and Balms Oh My" beneath my company/domain name because among others things I made body butters, bubbly stuff and lip balms/butters. I used another tagline from time to time, but that was my favorite.

I've been playing at building a website off and on since then and just last week decided to finally put a website up with an actual host. On July 9th I signed up and my designer added my template and asked for a tagline. Since I've spent the last few months testing and adding Bath Bombs to my line I requested that she put the tagline "Butter, Bubbles and Bombs Oh My" . On July 10th she placed the template on my site and I began the long process of adding content and stocking it. Imaging my surprise when I find this post dated July 12th that while surfing the net my website was found with this bothersome tagline. I hadn't added any meta tags, added product pics/descriptions or submitted to search engines. The tagline was part of a graphic in my header which can't even be read by search engines, so I have no idea how my site appeared.

Bunny and others just wanted you to know I didn't copy or steal anyone's idea other than the iconic line from the movie and twist it to fit my own purpose and I did this back in the fall of 2003. I joined this board over a year ago wanting to learn to make candles and improve my B & B skill and knowledge. I've tried to be a positive participant and certainly appreciate everyone who's helped me out!

Anyhow, I've changed my tagline ....there's room for all in this big ole' pond and it's no biggie...

Ah Soy - I didn't mean to call any members out on this, only to discuss my feelings and if I was right or wrong. Seems to me from the general opinion here, I'm wrong. Yours is a tag line, mine is a business name. If you love it, please put it back.. ((hugs))