Diameter of candle for scent throw

Does it really matter what diameter my jar is for scent throw. I have avoided 16 ounce containers for some reason. For example could a 8 oz jj have as much throw as a 16 ounce apothacary jar, or a wide mouth mason? Is this a silly question with a obvious answer?

Thanks

Natalie

All candles should have a scent throw or you have a major problem. Hot throw when burning...cold throw when not. Sometimes a votive can smell up a whole house and maybe an 8 oz won't. This would depend on several things including whether you use quality FO, using the correct wicks and so on. Some scents are light and some will know your socks off. You just have to find the right combo but yes, you should have some type of scent throw with any scented candle.

For the candles I make it does seem to make a difference especially ones that I double wick which obviously is a larger diameter. My experience has been (with this particular wax) is larger melt pool = larger scent throw. I'm testing a new mottle wax and the scent throw is strong even in votives so a lot depends on the type of wax too I'm sure. Another way to look at it is when you pour in your presto pot that is a huge diameter of melted wax and it fills your entire house typically.

On this topic, I was wondering....

There is a particular scent I like...Black Vetyver Cafe...but it is subtle and my 6 oz didn't fill a room. If I were to make this in a large 32 oz, 3 wick candle, would it?

Has anyone made this scent in a large candle...love to know results

TIA

Eve

I haven't made this scent but I have coconut vanilla in a huge 3-wick and it's still subtle...just not a strong scent at all. I think some scents are lighter than others and not much you can do about it unless you find that scent through a different supplier that has it stronger overall. That's why we test out different scents and try to find what works for us. I'm on the hunt for that scent but want a stronger throw.