Wanting to do this festival but unsure

I want to set up at a local Pumpkin Festival in Oct. the fee is cheap it's $50 for a 10X10 FT. space and electric is $10 extra for 3 days. I actually went to the festival last yr. and the turn out was good. Just locals and a few tourist that are around that time of yr. I know there was a lady there last yr. that was selling Pillar candles with her crafts but that's the only candles that I remember being there. There were alot of wooden crafts, wreaths, and some Home party companies there. I basically just want to get my name out there to more locals.

Anyways I'm kinda unsure now because of the application it states:

We reserve the right to limit which items vendors may sell.

I'm just afraid that a home party plan company is going to sell candles then when I send in my app they'll tell me I can't sell my candles but only the other few products I carry. Should I write Hand poured candles or something like that.

or is that comment meant to be for things such as supposed tobacco pipes, etc..........

Do you think it's worth it or am I just making a big deal out of nothing.

I should call and find out huh. But just wondering if anybody else did a festival like that before and if anybody was told they could only sell certain products after submitting everything.

TIA,

Mindy

Most fairs (hopefully) have some kind of limitations - and usually they're to the benefit of the vendor. Like "no imports" or "only x number of vendors can have the same product"

I'd call them to see if any of your items are on their 'no' list. I applied to a fair that didn't allow fairies :)

Direct contact with the organizers is the best way to get your answers.

Some of the shows I've done do limit the number of "like items". So if there are 17 jewelry makers and they want to limit to just 10 jewelry vendors the last 7 may get notice that the fair is full for their type of craft - even though there are spaces remaining. There have been some fairs that put this qualification in because some crafters were selling embroidery items that were made from copyrighted programs. The programs were intended for personal use of the purchaser - not for profit.

If, after speaking with them, you find that they would even think of refusing just one of your products, I'd put a qualification on the application. Something like: "This application is for my entire product line as described. Please contact me if one of my products is not allowed to be sold. I reserve the right to withdraw this application and request a full refund of all fees paid."

HTH

I've booked my first fair (in the UK) for this October.

When they asked what I was selling, I told them candles and wax products, and they were very pleased. They've not had a candle maker there for quite a few years, and because of that, they've given me one of the best pitches.

Apparently they like to have their best variety of crafts on full view ;)

Only stipulation for this fair seems to be, it must be hand made :)

Id see what they mean by that. It is more than likely a deterrent so that you don't have 15 candle people and others selling stuff that should be found at a flea market. Also, if you indicate that your candles are handcrafted or that you are a artisan chandler, it sounds better eh.

Ive been turned away from sales because there was already a B&B person there, and they only had 20 tables. Id rather that then show up and have 10 other tables with B&B stuff.

Mindy, one of the biggest festivals here put the "reserve the right to limit" clause in their materials this past year. I found out the reason was because of vulgar t-shirts, signs, and other items being sold. The festival organizers were trying to keep those type items out to keep the "family" atmosphere.