Backwoods~anyone getting a strong hot throw with these oils in soy?

karen lynn

I ordered a few samples from Backwoods last week.I made a 16oz honey gingerbread and a 16oz granny's yummy pumpkin..I let them both cure for two days before burning..Neither fragrance had a strong hot throw in my soy & beeswax blend wax..I use CB 135 and pure beeswax..Maybe it is just my wax blend but I wasn't overly happy with the hot throw..The oils smell wonderful out of the bottle and in the wax..Just not much of a hot throw..Anyone else having the same trouble or is it just me?I used a CD wick.(Which I have good luck with in most of my candles) Karen~

Kind of the same thing here. I REALLY wanted the Blue Sugar (Backwoods Blue?) to work out, but I am just not getting a good throw in my soy. I made it over three weeks ago. I am testing it in my master bath and it is just barrrrrely creeping into my bedroom. I gave it to two different friends and they said the same, not up to par with my normal scent throw. I have a bunch of others that I bought to test but just have not gotten them in wax yet.

You know, soy is so snarky with fragrance oils. ;)

I am pretty new to Backwoods scents. I will tell you that her oils absolutely rock in CP soap. I've smelled 17 different scents in soap and they are fab! That Blue Sugar is strong and true. I want to get a few more to try in soy. What annoys the crap out of me is that scents used with Kim's J50 will knock you down and blow you out of the house. Then when I put them in soy, nothing. It is so frustrating.

I use NG's 100% soy wax with beeswax and I have tried many of Backwoods scents. They all worked fine for me I either had to change the wick or bump up the FO just with a few. I also let all of my candles regardless of size cure for a week.

Here are some of BW stronger scents that I have tried.

Pink Pepperberry

Pink Chocolate

BW Baked Apple

Mac Apple

Amber Moon

BW Lemon Tart

BW Pistachio Dream Cake

Blackberry Patch

Tropical Fusion

Cinnamon Bun

BW Blue Sugar

I know I've tested more that threw well I just can't think of them right off the bat. I absolutley loved the pumpkin one, it threw really well for me.

That's the thing what may work for others might not work for you though.

It sucks for us soy users sometimes.

I use NG's 100% soy wax with beeswax and I have tried many of Backwoods scents. They all worked fine for me I either had to change the wick or bump up the FO just with a few. I also let all of my candles regardless of size cure for a week.

Here are some of BW stronger scents that I have tried.

Pink Pepperberry

Pink Chocolate

BW Baked Apple

Mac Apple

Amber Moon

BW Lemon Tart

BW Pistachio Dream Cake

Blackberry Patch

Tropical Fusion

Cinnamon Bun

BW Blue Sugar

I know I've tested more that threw well I just can't think of them right off the bat. I absolutley loved the pumpkin one, it threw really well for me.

That's the thing what may work for others might not work for you though.

It sucks for us soy users sometimes.

Haven't tried their scents but wanted to try the pumpkin cornbread. Is that the one that threw good?

I poured Honey Gingerbread and Backwood Blue at 8% in 85%soy15%para, I got a great throw with both. I let them cure 3 days.

I poured the Yummy Pumpkin today at 8%, I hope I get good results! It's really a great scent....if it doesn't work in a candle, it will make a great melt!