Test candles

How far down do you test you wick in a jar?After it burns half way of the jar wouldn't you know if the wick is burning to hot or drowning?I am testing one that burned fine until it got half way of the jar and started to drown.Is it alright to jerk the wick out now,and wick up,or start over with a full jar with a bigger wick?Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Anna

When I'm testing a container/jar candle I burn it all the way, if it is drowning half way, I start over with a new full jar and wick up cuz if you yank the wick out and start over with a different wick with just a half jar then you won't know what the first half is gonna do. Hope that makes sense. JMO

This has been debated a few times on CT.

I personally would suggest you burn the candle completely for the most accurate results in testing. Even if the wick seems to be drowning. Wicks do strange things and it might need more time to burn to get optimal results. If it fizzles completely~ you will know to wick up at least a size.

I do not recommend rewicking a candle that has already burned halfway. Burning a candle does create "candle memory" and your results will not be as accurate if you approach testing using this method, IMO.

It is wise to test each scent, as the Vanilla and Cinnamon scents, along with a few others require heavier wicking in most jar applications.

Thanks Guys,This testing can get really costly,and these people think you can get rich doing this Ha Ha.:rolleyes2

Yes people dont realize how much money goes into candlemaking. People at my work always ask me why dont I quit my full time job and just make and sell candles instead...LOL They don't realize what exactly goes into candlemaking and how much it costs.:rolleyes2