Already lost! does anyone sell bases made from scratch?

I really enjoy making soaps and lotions, but so far it's only been for personal use. But i am contemplating selling sometime in the future, and i am still weighing the pros and cons of selling bases made from scratch versus selling ready made bases.When i give people one's made from scratch i know what i have put in their and i feel i have complete control about what to expect, but then ready made bases do save a lot of the hassle where i only need to add fragrance and color when requested.Still these may not have the oils and additives i would like to offer people, i checked lindsay's site, and i love it but does anyone know if she would also do bases from oils that are not on her list, even if it meant extra costs?TIA

Testing is something you would need to have done for your lotion before you could consider selling them

Pre made bases are less hastle but I guess you need to ask yourself why you started this to begin with

Was it to make a better product ? Homemade with all natrual ingredients is always better . You will be more proud of the end product and will feel confident that you are doing the best for your customers.

Not to lnock those of you who use premade bases, not sure if there are any that sure all natrual but I imagine they could be expensive.

I make my own lotion for personal use and the cost is minimal..as I make a simple one oil lotion and love it.

Just my opinion:grin2:

Katshe, i started because first i loved doing my own lotions and soaps, specially because of the sense of satisfication i get. And secondly because i did not want to slather chemicals and 2nd grade ingredients on myself just because they were what is available, i had terribly dry hands and nothing seemed to help, even worst some things just broke me out in a rash!i just love to keep experimenting till i find something me and those i give my lotions to love,but now i also want bases i could fragrance which is not possible with all hommade lotions....BTW thanks for the simple soothings site, i'm off to checking it now...

I have been very happy with Lindsay from Soapers Workshop. She is great to work with. If you would like an additive that is not on her website, just ask her about it. I'm sure she would get it for you.

What I really like about her bases, is that it is condensed, so you can deside how think or thin you would like it. The shipping is also less because of it.

Though I do agree there is a certain amount of pride in making my own, and some day down the road I may. But for now, with the limited amount of time I have, and the many other products that I do make, and that I am still testing, if I did not use Lindsay's base, I would not be able to offer my clients any lotion at all. I really value the time that Lindsay has put into testing and perfecting her products.

Shannon

Sleeping Waters

A Bath & Body Co.