International suppliers for oils and butters?

Hello all, i would love to order bases from suppliers back in the US however, i figured out doing my own lotions from scratch would cost less, however i do not know of any international supplier that i could get oils and butters and emulsifyers from? Does anyone know any such supplier that is of good quality and closer to Asia and Europe?Thank you so much

Thanks Grumpy, may you be touched by His noodly appendage.

:grin2:

I've been following his site for years, my degree is in Evol. Psych. so I've followed his arguments with the Kansas school board with interest. Richard Dawkins even referenced his arguments in many of his lectures.

I so want a pirate fish for my car.

Have you looked at his "I'd really rather you didn'ts"?

Hysterical.

Thank you all so much, Sarah i checked your site, and i love that you have some of the berry oils,Soapdiva, i now about newdirections, but for some reason though the US and Canada sites seem to have all we could wish for, the UK and Australia sites do not have an equally wide selection of oils.....Jad. I think i will take your advise for the oils and start looking in grocery shops, though i've only ever noticed olive oil and coconut oils here....Thank you all again!:)

Jadryga, PMed you back!

My only concern with oils from Grocery stores is that my Safety Assessor won't certify products unless they're from reputable suppliers. Joe Bloggs' Grocery store isn't enough, especially with the additives they put in oils, even though they don't state them in the ingredients lists.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm adding some oil-based extracts and Organic oils soon.

If anyone has queries about shipping or anything else, feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Sarah.

Hmm... I guess it really depends. For personal use and experimental formulating, definitely shouldn't be a problem. If you really want to run a full commercial business with that product, it would be more prudent and practical to order in bulk from a reputable supplier anyhow, no? I'm definitely still in my experimental formulation stage as far as lotions & complicated B&B items go.

I don't think we're as strict here in Malaysia, which makes me a little scared to try a lot of local products, especially when I turn things over and can't find anything resembling an ingredients list.

I love ingredients lists. I can just spend an hour or two in a shop reading ingredients lists. So it's a little nutty, but it really gives you a lot of insight on marketing and formulations.

I once went to a beautician who gave me a very nice facial, then tried to introduce me to the spa's line of products. Apparently, they had a wide base of satisfied customers who have vastly improved skin after following their skincare regime - she showed me a whole file of "before" and "after" pics. I turned over the box of moisturizer and saw that it was made up of water, glycerin, aloe, fragrance, preservative. They charged about 130+ ringgit for a bottle of about 1-2oz.

There were 2 other items in the set (cleanser & toner) that cost about the same each. Both contained really simple ingredients too. I was just... amazed. For that money I could probably have made a gallon or two of each and had enough left over to treat DH and myself to a lovely dinner too.