I did it! I made soap!

Ruina

Thanks everyone. Here it is cut. Don't know how to put it in the original post. I'm not happy with the size of the bars. Too square. I just can't find a 2lb mold that's not a log. I'm caught in a serious addiction here. I'm off from work this week & I've just done another one. Now where the hell am I going to put all these to cure?

Robin, your tutorial really helped. I read that thing so many times. The swirling in the pot looks way cool & sounds easy. That will be next.

I also followed Bunny's tutorial on "how to create a soap recipe" & create this recipe & others. I enjoy that part immensely. I'm like a mad scientist creating all these formulas. You guys here on CT have created a monster. :grin2:

Ruina, you can control the size of those bars in your log mold. The width of the log mold is the length of the bar (let's say 3") If you want your bars to be 3 x 2 x 1, use these measurements to determine how much oils will fill the mold:

Total mold length x mold width x desired soap width x .4 = total oils.

Cut the bars the thickness you want (typically 1-1.25") and you are good to go.

If my log mold is 3.5 x 10.5", I multiply 3.5 x 10.5 x 2.5 x .4 = 36.75 ounces of oils will give me bars that are 3.5 x 2.5".

e

Ruina!

Congrats to you!! You are on your way baby ;) ! There's no turning back now. Once you have started, you will be calculating all sorts of recipes. Ask me how I know. I too was terrified of the lye, not any longer.

Soap looks great ;)