NG has Wooden Roses/a.k.a. Aroma Buds

Fern-Marie

I've never seen them up close just on a computer screen. So I'll find out when they get delivered.

Thanks Fern, I put a $97 order in like 5 hours before I read your post and then put another $47 order in afterwards.

I always wanted to try them but never had the extra money at the times of the co ops.

I hope they look nice,

Mindy :)

I hope the pictures are an accurate look at them. I thought they looked nice too.

One thing I noticed is that they say to spray on the FO, but I think we have to be careful that the FOs don't come in contact with the glue holding the petals together - the FO will eat the glue and they fall apart. That's what I heard.

I cannot wait to see them live and in color! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Am I the only one here that thinks these roses are ugly and gawdy? No matter how "nice" people put them together, I just can't get around to thinking they look nice. JMO

I'm w/you on that one (not trying to insult anyone here that likes them) - they just seem like dust catchers to me.

i ordered some in the co-op just to try. not worth it in my opinion. they don't look real and a few you could see the glue or the styrofoam ball in the center. i would think letting fo soak up these is asking for them to fall apart.

I had ordered a case and definitely made my money back plus. However, I found that I was seeing more and more of these roses at shows. No matter what the vendor sold, they had some of these roses. So I sold all of mine before I was stuck with them.

I'm w/you on that one (not trying to insult anyone here that likes them) - they just seem like dust catchers to me.
I am definitely not trying to insult anyone that makes them either...but same here...they look like something you would find in a corner collecting dust.

I didn't find them gawdy. No more than any other type of artifical flower. However, like Laura said there were many where the ball was exposed and the glue visible. I really think the novelty of this item is growing old.There are so many silk flowers that are much more attractive than these roses, JMO. At first it was something different but they are more common now. There are several vendor booths selling these roses in my flea market. The lady on the side of me hasn't sold any in the last several weeks. I noticed a drop right after Mother's Day. I'm glad I got rid of all of mine.