70/30 blends

I've tried GL's 70/30 - like it - except I get some weird horizontal lines - can't seem to get my 4 inch containers wicked unless i double wick though.

Has anyone tried TN's 70/30? It's a little cheaper than GL's and is closer to my home, so I would hope shipping would be a bit less.

Anyone compare it to GL's?

I'm ordering a sample once I get back from vacation. Just wanted other folks insights.

Thanks

The weird horizontal lines are because you are pouring too cool. The GL 70/30 should be poured around 170-175. With any blend that is 70% soy it's my experience that you will have to double wick anything over a 3" diameter. HTH

I've tried GL's 70/30 - like it - except I get some weird horizontal lines - can't seem to get my 4 inch containers wicked unless i double wick though.

Has anyone tried TN's 70/30? It's a little cheaper than GL's and is closer to my home, so I would hope shipping would be a bit less.

Anyone compare it to GL's?

I'm ordering a sample once I get back from vacation. Just wanted other folks insights.

Thanks

Yes, I have used both and really can't tell any difference. I switched from GL to TN because it's cheaper and the shipping is less for me.

Yes, I have used both and really can't tell any difference. I switched from GL to TN because it's cheaper and the shipping is less for me.

That's good to hear Sheila - I'm in TN, so I hope shipping will be better!

Thanks!

I do like the GL parasoy but very pricey to ship. I use the KY parasoy (close to 50/50) which is closer to me and works nearly as well. Definitely need to double wick a 4 inch jar, as it is on some FOs I can barely single wick a 3 1/2 inch jar using the flamethrower sizes (CD22, HTP1312, LX30)

HTH! geek :grin2:

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried both of the above mentioned blends. Neither of them compare to my own blend which is much less expensive.

I've priced a few combos of paraffin and soy waxes, and my costs would be within 7 cents per pound of the ready made blends by GL and TN. Is your blend much cheaper than that? And if so, what waxes do you use?