Help me!! My bath salts are melting!!!

candlelady

Hi all!

I'm not a B&B person at all but do dabble with bath salts for 2 customers of mine.

I use the recipe on BCN or BCS website using dead sea salts, epsom salts, Deandra..... ? salt..add FO to that and mix into the salts and add a tiny amount of cyclometh....??? shake real good and put into salt tubes. Did that, but after about 2 months they look like they are melting at the bottom (getting to look like slush). Does anyone have a better recipe or could tell me something that i'm doing wrong???:embarasse

Actually, I really like the look of the bath salts that have more of a powdery look to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nevermind! found the solution in archives! Bless those archives!

Hi all!

I'm not a B&B person at all but do dabble with bath salts for 2 customers of mine.

I use the recipe on BCN or BCS website using dead sea salts, epsom salts, Deandra..... ? salt..add FO to that and mix into the salts and add a tiny amount of cyclometh....??? shake real good and put into salt tubes. Did that, but after about 2 months they look like they are melting at the bottom (getting to look like slush). Does anyone have a better recipe or could tell me something that i'm doing wrong???:embarasse

Actually, I really like the look of the bath salts that have more of a powdery look to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

For me its the DSS especially in high humidity areas. I don't add any oils to mine either. Just differ salts (not DSS), corn starch, and FO. I've started incorporating the KISS principle and its working ... now to carry it over into my personal world :grin2:.

I just use epsom and sea salts, grated cocoa butter and eo's, and I never have a problem, in spite of the fact that I live on the coast. I also believe in the KISS principle in many things, bath salts being one of them.

• 4 weeks later...

The solution seems to be omitting the cyclometh.....??? BCS/BCN recipe states to add that ingred. for more smoothness/softness. But, here in SE Texas we have such high humidity/heat. Since I've omitted that no melting. Salts stay nice and dry!

Thanks!

To keep them even more drier and powdery looking.... try adding Natrasorb to it. You add your FO to the Natrasorb... mix well... add to bathsalts. No wet salts at all! When it hits the water... it disperses in the water... releasing all the scent. Since I've been doing mine like this... I haven't had a problem at all!!