Pillar/Votive Wax

Hi All...Just a question...I've been pouring both pillars and containers for years..in the past I've only used Clean Wax because I like the fact that it's flaked and I like the finish on my candles..I'm venturing away from the clean wax and tried another pre-blended flaked wax that I think was called "Victory Blend" Long story short..it doesn't have a smooth finish and I've been grubbing every candle to compensate for this..I love smooth pillars and votives with maybe just an over-pour of a complementing color..any suggestions for a pre-blended wax that cools with a smooth finish..p.s. I realize that I'm not looking for a one-pour wax..but something that finishes better than what I'm working with right now. thanks so much guys!!!

I like igi 4807, It is very versitile for pillars, but its probably not good for votives. For a glossy finish I add 1 tsp. vybar103 and 2 T stearic acid per pound. I use igi 4630 for my votives, it is a one-pour and holds fragrance well. Hope this helps you.

:cool2: Sal

I'm more of a rustic girl myself, but if you're looking for a pillar wax that is smooth and shiney and has excellent scent throw, I would suggest OK6228. It's a little difficult to wick, meaning you will probably have to wick way up from the suggested size but when it's wicked right, you'll have smooth, shiney and very fragrant pillars...or votives. It's also an excellent wax to use for making tarts.

Candles and Supplies has a really great wax and I love it, called Hassle Free Production Pre-Blended Votive/Tart wax. I use it for my pillars and I have fantastic luck with it. It's either in a flake or a fine pellet form. It does make a self-consuming pillar, that is creamy and shiny. I do use this wax for my chunk candles too. Good luck!

I used to use CleanWax as well and CalWax CB10 was recommended to me. I just got finished testing some votives and pillars. I must say that I am very pleased with this wax, I didn't have to re-test trying to find the right wick as the wicks I was using for CleanWax are performing just fine with this new wax. You can purchase CalWax here http://www.swanscandles.com/Checkout4Pro/waxcan.htm

I also didn't have to add any additives to this wax. It has a great Hot/Cold throw and I have been using about 1oz FO per pound.

Good Luck

Jeff