Dumb A** Award

DONNAMAC

Well, I think I earned the dumb a** award tonight. I made two, two pound batches of CP,(one srawberry and one pink sugar] I was so pleased with the way everything was going so smooth. Put them to bed with towels around them, and went to take a shower. While in there I am wondering why that recipe didn't call for OO, since most of the one I have done,do. So, I get out of the shower and go to check my recipe, yep it did need OO,(6 oz in each batch) I just looked at them and they are gelling nicely, but I know they won't be any good. What I need to know is if there is anyway to save these. Could I put them in the crock pot and maybe melt them down, then add the OO, and put them back in a mold? I could just cry, I feel so stupid, but more becaus I wasted all my good oils. Oh well, Live and Learn. Thanks for any help.:mad: :mad: :mad: :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

DONNAMAC I don't think you are the only one that this happens to

I had the same thing hapen to me i forgat to put:yay: :yay:

the OO The good part is it was right next to me

and still forgat about it :P :p

So i put everything back in a dobble boyler and melt it down

put my OO in and put in the mold again and i got soap

i hoppe everything tunrs Ok for you;) ;) ;)

I'd rebatch those bad boys ASAP. When you get them from the mold, ifyou can, chunk them up into smaller bits, toss them into a crockpot with the missing oils, and finish it HP-style (do a search, tons of info here!). The good thing, you will get to use the soap now....and not wait 4-6 weeks for a cure.

Donna

you can also rebatch w/ tiny chunks in the oven bag (in a glass pyrex baking dish) and add the OO. This is how I rebatch...I've never forgotten an oil/butter or FO/EO... I'll cross my fingers on this one.

I just did something similiar when I soaped Backwoods Passionfruit Guava.

I had everything measured out but the soft oils. Added the lye, put some color into another pot for swirling, and it started to thicken on me, real quick. Never even guessed that I did something wrong. So I did a super fast in the pot swirl and put into the mold. I usually pour at a very thin trace, but this was as thick as Dairy Queen soft serve.

I smoothed it out with a car ice scraper, threw some Saran wrap on it and put it to bed. Yes, I use wierd things for soaping. So I go throw my bowls into the sink and it suddenly dawned on me, I never added RBO or Castor. DUH!

So I grabbed a clean bowl, measured out the soft oils, ripped my soap out of it's warm bed with a big spoon and lined that mold again, super fast. A Misty Creek template is a beautiful thing. HA HA.. Hit with the stickblender, and put it once again into the mold. It's all one color now, and it came out perfect.

This was probably my one chance to fool the soap fairies.

I am still amazed that this soap lived to tell how silly I am when soaping.

I would rebatch this soap. I am sure it can be fixed. ;)

Thanks to all of you for not making me feel as bad as I did. Some of your stories are funny,too. I was able to get it out of the molds and into the crock pot. I don't know anything about that method, so I just melted it down and added the OO, stirred real good and poured back into the molds. I guess it will be soap. I am really surprised when I took it out of the molds that I didn't get zapped, I figured it would be so lye heavy, but it wasn't. I guess it will be some kind of soap. I gotta tell you though, I used strawberry for one of them, and even before I melted it all back down, it didn't smell anything like strwberry. It had a scent, but it was awful, that hasn't changed. I wonder what caused that. The pink sugar smells real good though. Thanks again.