Anyone Had This Happen?

I made a titled striped candle last night, not thin stripes just 4 thick ones, I left it to cool and then noticed that it had pulled away from the sides of the mould so I turned it upside down and it just slid right out! No shaking, no banging, just out it came. Great, I thought. The candle still felt a bit warm and squishy so I left it on the side to harden up a bit more. When I next went out to the kitchen the candle layers had ummm slid apart!! I couldn't believe it, I've never seen that happen before. I could actually slide the layers back to where they came from to make the candle again. :rolleyes2 It was still all soft inside.

Anjie,x.

So you have a jigsaw candle?

I've had layers pop off or fall off because poured too cool. You can always warm the top of the layer before you pour onto it.

Also, poking relief holes through the layers might help it adhere better as well.

Hi Scented. I always pour subsequent layers slightly hotter than the first and if I get carried away and leave it too long before pouring, I do blast with the heat gun first. I always poke relief holes too :grin2: I think the problem with this one was that it was taking ages to set up inside, so it didn't actually break it just 'slithered' apart lol. YAY jigsaw candle :yay::laugh2:

Anjie,x.

Yep, I got it joined together again. I slid the layers back into place and rubbed my finger on the join. Then laid it on its side to cure :grin2: Looks like a normal candle now. Not sure how its affected the inside though or if there is air trapped in the candle now. I'll take extra care when I burn it :P

Anjie,x.

Sorry there Hollyberry!

Anjie, I think it will probably do well. Hoping so. I had a couple of testers do that fall apart thing and I stuck them back together with the heat gun and then tried burning them. I also made a note to pour hotter and not fiddle with things till they are ready to be fiddled with lol.