Testing steps

I click on the new link but it never loaded hmmmm:confused:

Yes, I haven't been able to get on either link this week...they must be working on the website/s because this has never happened before. I'm going to give them a call if I can't get on tomorrow...need to find out if my containers came in!!

Thanks for the link. This is kind of how I think I am going to approach testing, let me know what you all do...

1. Make the candle and wait for it to set up before testing wicks. Usually overnight. Do a 2 hour test burn, 4 hour test burn and burn to the bottom (not all the way becuase I don't use a tab on the test wicks and they fall over)

2. Pour another candle with the final wick with a tab.

3. Let it cure for 48 hours to a week. Test burn again with the 2 hour, 4 hour and burn to bottom while evaluating throw.

If I am not happy with the throw (my wax reccomending 10%) then I will either increase it or look for another FO from a different supplier.

Am I on the right track???

The steps you take are important and you are on the right track, but the biggest thing is to document each step...you think you'll remember, but trust me when you start changing wicks 4 times and changing fo %...you won't remember what you did where. I learned the hard way to start journaling everything until I get the results I want with a fo. Then I have a "recipe" for the wax used, fo used and wick used and container used that all worked together! When that happens, I literally :yay: because it's a LONG, but fun process!!

Thanks for the link. This is kind of how I think I am going to approach testing, let me know what you all do...

1. Make the candle and wait for it to set up before testing wicks. Usually overnight. Do a 2 hour test burn, 4 hour test burn and burn to the bottom (not all the way becuase I don't use a tab on the test wicks and they fall over)

2. Pour another candle with the final wick with a tab.

3. Let it cure for 48 hours to a week. Test burn again with the 2 hour, 4 hour and burn to bottom while evaluating throw.

If I am not happy with the throw (my wax reccomending 10%) then I will either increase it or look for another FO from a different supplier.

Am I on the right track???

I would add:

1. Do power burns, around 6 hours.

2. Do tests with wick trimming, and no wick trimming.