Amount of Scent

Not sure if I should post tis question here but anyway. I was on Ebay just being nosey and I saw this currently( Sellers Name) makes soy wax candles and palm wax candles with either cotton or hemp wicks. The scent used in the candles is also sold for use in soap, lotions, and incense. Also, ( Sellers Name) uses twice the amount of scent as other candles so the scent is stronger and lasts much longer.My question is do some people believe this?? If you did use twice as much fragrance wouldnt that lead to a candle that doesnt burn very nice?? Any thoughts??

Once again it is purely a marketing ploy. The candles that you can't smell burning when bought in a store might use 1/2 oz per pound of FO. Hence when people say triple scented, they are using 1 1/2 oz per pound which is generally the max most soy waxes will hold.

It doesn't mean they are triple scented above what we would use in our candles, just that the normal person who isn't familiar with candlemaking would think they are getting some great candle with more FO.

I personally hate seeing that marketing ploy. It's VERY misleading and more like false advertisement to me but I have even seen it on websites of people on here when I have clicked their website to see what kind of products they have.

To each his own :wink2:

I totally agree with you cindy. I think its false advertisement. I would MUCH rather see someone be honest and say something like HIGHLY scented than double or triple scented. Much more professional in my eyes than seeing someone flat out lie and mislead customers.

Just my opinion and we all know what is said about opinions lol

I think someone who doesn't know how to make candles might be led to believe (sellers name)'s are more fragrant. They make not stop to think - twice as much scent as what? As a candle maker, of course I know this type of advertising is meaningless at best and misleading at worst, because I don't know who they're comparing it to, and it's unlikely they know either, for how would they know how much scent others are using? Again as a candle maker, I might also be inclined to think they need to use twice as much scent because their fragrances are weak.