Weeping C-3 :(

I bought 10 lbs. of C-3 to test out. I poured 2 containers, each with 6% FO, in 2 different scents. Both of them are weeping like crazy! I have poured alot of testers today with different wax combos, and my scale is accurate. None of my other candles are doing this, and it is a very pleasent 74 degrees in my house right now. I heated the wax to 185, added FO immediatly, and poured at 165. Any suggestions or ideas? TIA!

Well, just did a search on sweating C-3 and sweating C3 and all 5 posts, including mine, lol, werent very helpful. I am aware of why sweating occurs, and have experianced it in any wax when temps are hot or FO is not mixed in properly at the right times, or FO loads are too high, or something to that effect. This is just a puddle of oil sitting on the top of my 2 tester candles.:cry2: I was thinking that there might be something I was doing wrong, which is why I posted my FO load, pour temps, house temp etc. But, from what I have read, this just appears to be some strange phenomena that happens to certain people with this wax. From what I am reading, it just seems to pick and choose who it will weep on, for no appearent reason, hehehe. Ah well, this is why we test I guess. :)

Dunno what to tell you, Funnygirl. The only time I have had trouble with C-3 sweating is when it was hot and humid and my candles hadda sit outside and sweat with me. Inside my home, which is between 78° and 82° generally, I have had no problem with sweating at all. Been burning containers on my front porch where daytime temps have reached 96° so far this summer (in the shade). Have not noticed any sweating there. Like I said, there is a LOT of discussion about sweating on this site - try leaving C3 out of your search terms and see what you come up with...;)

This is the 2nd post today with C-3 and weeping or sweating...think maybe the weather might have something to do with it. I do add my fo at 170-175 and stir slowly for at least 2 min. Once in a while the weeping happens, but not bad and if it doesn't come back I consider it a good candle...otherwise I burn it myself!!

While googling for something else (ain't that always the way?), I came upon this paper about something called syneresis in candles. They call it bleeding, you call it weeping, someone else called it condensation, and I think I called it sweating. So we're all wrong - it's syneresis.:rolleyes2 :laugh2:

ANYHOO, even though the paper was on paraffin candles, I thought its findings and, particularly, causes might be of interest to everyone with bleeding/weeping/condensing/sweating candles.;)

I bought 10 lbs. of C-3 to test out. I poured 2 containers, each with 6% FO, in 2 different scents. Both of them are weeping like crazy! I have poured alot of testers today with different wax combos, and my scale is accurate. None of my other candles are doing this, and it is a very pleasent 74 degrees in my house right now. I heated the wax to 185, added FO immediatly, and poured at 165. Any suggestions or ideas? TIA!

It sounds like you are doing everything right. Keep in mind though 74 degrees might be comfortable for your body might not be for the wax. I have heard that C-3 is notorius for seepage.

i have had the same problem but if you love this wax like i do i deal with it . it only happens when the temps are hot outside or the candle was sitting in the sun when the candle cools down it will usually sink back in but sometimes not. its just something you will have to deal with if you love making soy candles. i get great results with this wax other then the weeping. Also this wax takes sometime to get used to and to work out all the kinks.