Are these too busy?

Kelly

Labels look nice! Love the color of the circles.

Thanks! And thanks to everyone else who has commented on the labels. I corrected the spelling, but I'm still not sure about them!

My fiance said if you aren't sure about something you should go back to the drawing board... so I may just have to do that. I just want that "wow" label but I'm such a perfectionist I worry I may never find it!

Thanks again!!

I don't think your label is too busy at all and I really like your color choice. The only thing that bothers me is three of the corners have arrow shaped thingys at the top and the lower left corner is bare. Maybe it's just the picture, but it sort of bothers my eye.

geez peeps, she asked for critiquing on the label, that's it. if she wants critiquing on her site, she'll ask.

just because her web addy is in her sig, doesn't mean it's an invite to critique it.

none of us have to agree with what one writes on their site, but it's pushing it to go pull it out to disect when the post wasn't even about it.

yeah, we all have our opinions and most here know that if you post a picture, some will be critiquing it and giving their opinions on it, even if it wasn't asked of them. this was about a label, that's it.

i personally think it's best to "offer" advice on the website privately, and with asking if the poster doesn't mind a little advice or an opinion, instead of here.

I thought long & hard about further highjacking this thread, but wanted to publicly offer my support of Kelly's wording.

I use EZ Soy wax, which is 100% soy wax & that is what my label says. I also add beeswax to my soy & in NO way feel I'm being deceptive. Labels are not large enough to give every single detail, but I do have handouts that clearly state I use all natural additives, including beeswax. If I was deceptive, I would say I have a natural candle, which I don't, since I use fo's & dye. I'm not hiding the fact I use a small amount of beeswax, nor is Kelly. I put it in writing & tell people. I certainly wouldn't want to say I have a soy/beeswax blend, cause the ratios are so far off. That would be like filling a box w/ dirt, tossing in 1 rock & selling it as a dirt/rock blend. I've had this difference of opinion before & we can all argue our thought process till the cows come home, but I doubt anyone will change their mind.

I sleep very well at night & stand by the wording of my labels: made w/ 100% soy wax. Kelly, I apologize, but just had to offer my support of your wording. I promise to not say another word here, but welcome a new thread or pm's.

Susan.

The "MOD" look is kind of what I was going for! Yay!

Late Night - I see what you are saying about the 'arrow' things but since only what prints is what is in the circle I think that it doesn't have the same distracting look? I'll try to mess with my photoshop image and erase everything outside of the circle and see if that makes it better for you.

Hi Kelly,

Nice labels, you did a great job.

Here's a suggestion...OK 2 suggestions...try decreasing the font size on just "The" and "Company" so that Star Shine will stand out more...and try decreasing the width of the border around the scent name. I think it will make it more mod and less bold. HTH

Best of luck with it!

Thanks Patience. I did try that with "the" and "company" but it just looked weird to me. Probably because I don't want people to think the name of my business is just "StarShine"... I'll mess with it a little again and see if I feel differently about it today. I'll also try decreasing the width of the box border... maybe I should reduce the border thickness as well?