Do You Ever Achieve Soy Candles Without Frosting???

I tried adding palm, and got the worst frost of all. 3% Bees Wax seemed to help in many cases. I rarely ever ever get frosting with my EL Millenium wax. It is very resistant. But when useing 415 I get tons of it. I think I am gonna pour up some testers today of 415 and USA and see what kind of results I get as far as frostong goes.

I am getting a great hot/cold throw with the EL waxes. I did also test the Original EL container wax and added some beeswax to it. I did get a little frost, but not as bad as without. Both threw great, but the Millenium didnt frost and I prefer a hotter pour. I also tested the EcoSoya Advanced, which made a gorgouse looking candle with no frost, but I also had little if any throw. I am really happy with the EL Millenium. Now, my 415 throws like a champ, but boy does it frost! I tend to use it for uncolored candles, and that might be something you want to try as well. Will let ya know my results on the testers I pour up today. ;)

Uncolored candles will frost for sure.

You can buy BW from Peaks, KY, OBN and lots of other places that sell wax. Just check around for prices and shipping costs to get the best deal you can. You can buy it in the blocks or in the pastilles. I perfer the pastilles since it is easier to work with. It doesn't matter if you use white or yellow. I've noticed no difference in my uncolored wax when I use either one.

ETA - you can use from 1-5% BW in your wax. Anything over 5% will require wicking up and can crack the wax. I adjust my amounts depending on the season/temps. I prefer to use around 3% in the summer and 2% in the winter.

Yes, even uncolored 415 will frost, it just isnt very noticable. It's much harder to see white frost on white wax, as opposed to seeing white frost on red or purple wax. :) Many people choose to go uncolored for this very reason. And, although you may not think uncolored candles would be very appealing to customers, many customers acctually prefer them undyed. They match with any color scheme that way, and can look very upscale. I wouldnt worry about color myself, but I have one PL customer that is very specific about their color pallet, so it's too late to turn back now.

I add beeswax to EZ Soy & have pretty well eliminated frosting. I love the results, but am about to start testing the coconut oil as a replacement. If you have a Hobby Lobby close by I would recommend clipping the 40% off coupon & picking up a block there. I have found no difference between what they sell & buying from a supplier, plus you don't have pay shipping & wait for it to arrive.

Susan.