50/50

I am banging my head against the wall with the 415...no matter what I do to it I just cannot get good HT. I've changed temps, wicks, FO's, added and removed different additives. I've been testing this stuff for a few months and I'm getting nothing good in return. I give up on it. UGH!!!

So for my next quest, I would like to try a 50/50. Or something to get any HT at all!!! Should I buy a parrafin and add it to the 415 (could it be a bad batch?) or should I start with something already mixed? Which brand seems to be easiest in your opinions? Where would be a good place to start?

I already have LX, CD and some HTP wicks (sample packs so sizes are limited) Should I wick up or down to start with?

I would be starting fresh with no clue where to begin:p ANY, ANY, ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Jen

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Candlebuddy! I'll order a sample.

I have about 45lbs left of the 415, that I really don't want to waste. Anyone have any ideas on a parrafin that I could add to that? I just don't know where to start, I know very little about soy and even less about parrafin. TIA,

Jen

You can blend 415 with most any paraffin blended wax like J50, J223, 4786, etc. Some blend ratios of 50/50, 70/30, 75/25. Adding the paraffin blend generally helps with wicking, cure time and scent throw. I have played around with blending and its been working but I still prefer a wax already pre-blended for me.

I was using the 444 with my 4627 but ran out of my 444. I decided to try the 415 in place of it and went down to a 50/50 blend. I am getting a nice throw from my candles. I personally prefer the 444 but the blend with the 415/4627 had alot stronger throw than the 415 by itself.

I used to play around with blending 415 with J50 at various percentages, and fouind that it had to be at least 75% 415 to 25% J50 to get rid of frosting, but then I had problems with no adhesion. I gave up and went with KY parasoy and like it much better.

geek

Hi. I'm trying the 4630 (Harmony) with my hard to melt 415 and coming up with a 50/50 or a 60/40 mix that is doing good without any additional additives. No frosting, colors good, pours quickly, takes a smaller wick, and melts easy with smooth tops before and after burning. I'm sold on para soy blends for containers and after I finish up with the 125 lbs. of 415, I am going to go for one of them. As far as I can see, it is the best of both worlds. jmho. Beth