More 6228 Pillar Wax questions

I am testing the 6228 wax and feel really dumb asking questions so try to give me a break :undecided . I have made container candles for 4 years and WOW pillars are a whole new world.

First of all, my melted wax in my presto has little floaties in it which I have never seen in any wax before. This doesn't seem normal to me, any ideas? (Temp is at about 195*) I went ahead and poured 2 pillars yesterday and unmolded them today. The surface of the pillars have little tiny holes on it, which I am thinking is from the floaties. (Pour temp 175* - 180*, heating mold between pours). What do you think? Could the floaties be the problem or am I doing something wrong?

I have attached a picture but don't know if you can see what I am talking about very well.

post-200-139458381921_thumb.jpg

Have use previously used any high-melt-point additives in your pots? Some of the crystal additives need about 210 degrees to melt. If you don't get to that temp they won't bind with the paraffin and you'll get what you describe - very small semi-transluscent floating flakes in the wax.

I don't use that wax, but wanted to point out the addtive issue anyway - if so, perhaps they are left over from some other batch?

Morning,

I use the 6228 wax for my pillars and votives. I would turn up the heat just a tad and it should eliminate the floaters.. I think it is something that is in the wax itself, as I have had it happen a few times to me also. I am new to pillars myself, but yours look really good. Do you heat your molds prior to pouring? someone told me to heat my molds and it should help with the pinholes... anyway... just my 2 cents worth:D

Do you heat your molds prior to pouring? someone told me to heat my molds and it should help with the pinholes...

Yes I did heat my mold prior to pouring but maybe not enough . . .I have cranked my heat up on my pot and will try heating my mold a bit more before pouring my next testers.

Edited to say: I will try heating my mold a bit more . . .