Anyone tried mixing two soy's together?

I've searched and searched this forum and can't quite find what I'm looking for.

Wondering if anyone has mixed 2 different soy waxes together for container candles. Right now I have 415 and C-3. After using Ecosoya ACB for a couple of months, I got spoiled with the hot throw...C-3 just isn't up there. I'd use the EACB all the time, but it is soooo dang expensive. I'm going to try UA in C-3 when my order arrives, but would like to know if anyone has tried mixing container waxes?????? I'm tired of waiting for UPS to deliver...looks like it might be a couple more days.

Thanks so much, I appreciate the feedback...I've made some really bad mixes...so I really hesitated this time to just try it...I'm going for it. I thought I read a post somewhere that 415 doesn't mix well with anything, but couldn't find the post again, probably was a different wax.

Wow...Island Girl...thanks for the mixing tip...I've never had smoother tops!!! If it weren't for the fact that I need to poke holes to be sure there aren't air pockets, I wouldn't have to touch these...the tops are that nice. Now I just have to wait to burn them...waiting patiently.:yay:

Wow...Island Girl...thanks for the mixing tip...I've never had smoother tops!!! If it weren't for the fact that I need to poke holes to be sure there aren't air pockets, I wouldn't have to touch these...the tops are that nice. Now I just have to wait to burn them...waiting patiently.:yay:

Glad I could help.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious about testing results also. I am a 415 lover too, but switch to c-3 because of shipping costs. I like the c-3, but are with you about the hot throw. I thought it was just my nose. I argue with my sister about it and I think she just sees the $$$ sign. I would hate to have to change wicks again, what a you know what. But I would not mind spending the shipping on a box of 415 every once in awhile. Keep us posted. Karen

I love this combo. I'm using 75% C-3 and 25% 415 as Island Girl suggested and it worked out great. IMO it improved the tops (no more circular cracks!!!) and the hot throw also. I didn't add anything else except fo so far...haven't tried color again because quit using it on most of my container candles.

We finally tested and tested and tested and work out our wicks with the premier 700 series. love them and just don't know if I'm up to all the retesting. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

What are Premier 700 series wicks? That's a new one for me. If they work in C-3 they should work fine in the blend.

We found these wicks at www.wickit.net We used to use htp with our 415 and then the c-3 threw us for a loop. This company sent us about 50 different sizes of wicks to test for free. They are wonderful. Any way I think that the premiers are made especially for veg. waxes. We really like them. You have to get 1000 at a time, but we do go through a lot, plus they cut them for the size of your container so no more trimming. 1000 of the 750 were around $30. Very reasonable and great customer service.