Another wax and scent question!

Hi everyone,

I am new to candle making (as if it wasn't obvious enough). Anyway, if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some input on the best soy waxes to use. Should I use a blend of 100% soy? I see a lot of forums about scent leaking, I really don't want that. How much scent can I add without getting the leaking but maximum scent? I also see a lot of "triple scented" candles. Are they really triple scented and if they are how much scent is "triple"? I have read sooooo much my vision is blurred. You guys really have great information, the best website yet!!!!!

Thanks bunches,

TashaMac

Welcome to the board :)

Try your soy question over in the natural wax forum, you should be able to get a lot more info there. Though i'm sure it will come down to testing and seeing what you like, but i'm sure they will be able to give you a few suggestions for some to start out with.

And i can tell you that 'triple scenting' is a load of crap. :rolleyes2 it's just a marketing line.

Thanks you guys,

OK I am going to try a small batch of soy but that may not be the wax that I end up working with. In your opinion, what is the best container wax? The one that is a one pour wax, holds max scent, and burns the best? I know that is a lot to ask but I would rather get it from someone who as actually used the stuff rather that the website that is selling their own stuff. Does that make sense? I am planning to do the 8oz and 16oz wide mouth mason jars. I also plan to make tarts and votives.

Thanks again,

Tash