craft show?

LynnS

I do body lotion, liquid hand soap and body/room spray. I don't sell much at shows but have sold for some gifts to people I know. With the bases we put the base straight in the bottle then add FO. I only do maybe 2-3 different scents. No contamination. When I am through I wrap the pump tightly to prevent other contamination. Beside my candles, tarts, car freshener I would like to take a few of the above products BUT the rules(for show) it says "All Necessary health permits for any cosmetic must be obtained. I am thinking lip gloss,shea butter and maybe if Mary Kay was going to be there but does this pertain to me or us who sell these products. MIGHT be just for this one show????

Would the lotion be cosmetic?I have never been asked to get health permits but even if not for the show should I do it anyway? Website business etc.Do it for anything I do when it comes to sanitation or contamination. I am willing to get permits if I need to. This is a first for me.:confused:

I do MP soap but so far for myself. Kinda messed my first batch up and haven't tried since. Bubbles galore. So I have plenty soap for me for a while.:rolleyes2

LynnS

This is a good site for the best information on labeling and rules and regulations.I do label everything and warnings especially recently doing hand sanitizer. At times I have had problems with alcohol so of course hand sanitizer and some body sprays contain that. It is on my label. BUT do people look.Makes you wonder.

The thing with this show is Health Permit to sell(cosmetic. Up to me to get a permit. Just not sure but MIGHT go ahead with room spray only(I think that is what I stress on the label.) I wasn't crazy about the spray base I got with alcohol. Wasn't sure I wanted people spraying it all over themselves. I did a lavender room spray and OMG I was sick of that smell in my house. Maybe just the scent. It is strong but thought glad I didn't spray it as a body splash. Alcohol can be a bit overwhelming but it is sanitary.

I think I will not take hand soap and lotion and do the room freshener.Thought about soap petals but will go with air fresheners for that.Wax'em. Take plenty of candles, tarts, accessories,car fresheners etc.

Thank YOU What a good site and so much to go over and over. Not a thing missed.

LynnS