Just starting out....again.

Hey all, I have an ignorant question to ask. Before I ask it though, I'd like to tell you that I tried making Soy candles last winter, but because of frusteration, I had to take a break from it. I wasn't really successful ( I mean, I made candles but had a terrible time color, then when I reordered the wax, I got a different kind - 25lbs of it - and the FO wouldn't throw cold or warm! and wicking.....uhhhhhh! Not to mention frost lines carbon spitting!

SO, my question to you is this - Can't a gal just ask what works for you and you tell me so I can try it and call it a day? I understand that everyone uses different stuff, but I'm basically looking to use Soy wax, with wide mouthed Ball mason jars(round). HELP!

Hey all, I have an ignorant question to ask. Before I ask it though, I'd like to tell you that I tried making Soy candles last winter, but because of frusteration, I had to take a break from it. I wasn't really successful ( I mean, I made candles but had a terrible time color, then when I reordered the wax, I got a different kind - 25lbs of it - and the FO wouldn't throw cold or warm! and wicking.....uhhhhhh! Not to mention frost lines carbon spitting!

SO, my question to you is this - Can't a gal just ask what works for you and you tell me so I can try it and call it a day? I understand that everyone uses different stuff, but I'm basically looking to use Soy wax, with wide mouthed Ball mason jars(round). HELP!

Truthfully you can't really ask that question and expect a good answer. There are to many variable and if it was easy there would not be this board. There are a ton of waxes and additives. I doubt very much if any one is using the same recipe. We can help you when you run in to a problem by giving you suggestions.

Little piece of advice keep the same wax don't change in the middle of testing and expect things to work the same. Now if your supplier sent you the wrong wax that is differant take it up with them and get your money back.