I went when they had the one here in CO. It was a blast, you learn A LOT, it's so much fun, and you get to know a ton of really brilliant people. Basically by going to the convention that year, I learned how to carve (well, learned the basic technique and then came home a practiced for a year before I turned out anything worth even taking a pic of ~ LOL) I also learned how to do the luminaries with embedded botanicals and a whole slew of things.

Oh well, here. I did all this in the workshops I went too, and I didn't even go to all of them. :)

ETA the last picture shows everything I got as door prizes and give-aways. :)

post-212-139458428681_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458428687_thumb.jpg

post-212-13945842869_thumb.jpg

IGCA used to be a really worthwhile organization, but I think it's sort of fallen apart in recent years. I had the pleasure of attending one of their summer conventions years ago in Connecticut, but have been unable to attend another one.

If anyone gets to go to this year's convention this year, please report back about classes, attendance, contests, etc. Usually about 100 - 120 folks go and there are tons of various classes so you can tailor your own experience. Be sure to take some of your product to enter candlemaking contests, too.

IGCA used to be a really worthwhile organization, but I think it's sort of fallen apart in recent years. I had the pleasure of attending one of their summer conventions years ago in Connecticut, but have been unable to attend another one.

If anyone gets to go to this year's convention this year, please report back about classes, attendance, contests, etc. Usually about 100 - 120 folks go and there are tons of various classes so you can tailor your own experience. Be sure to take some of your product to enter candlemaking contests, too.

We did some asking around and found out it is is Bosie, ID this year next month, and we did some costing it would cost us $2000.00 to go, that's a chunk of change.

Also if they have been around for 40+ years why do they have the meeting in such hard to get to places, and not in a place that is closer to a major air hub? it sure would be a lot cheaper:yay: