beeswax mold

The only metal mold I used for beeswax was a taper mold years ago and I actually hated it cause the tapers sometimes just wouldn't budge. I would just make sure you spray the mold good and put a bit more mold release in the wax itself. If you have a problem unmolding it, pop it in the fridge for about 10 minutes or so and that should help. :cool2:

I've tried beeswax in aluminum molds - pillar molds - both round and square. If you are going to do it, make sure they are completely clean* - spray with a good mold release and pour just when the BW is melted, about 150 or so. Then cool totally. Then, when you think they are positive they are cooled - put them in the fridge for 1/2 an hour. Then remove.

Should work but will still be a tight squeeze. Rubber and silicone molds with BW is just so much easier :)

*Clean because you will find that you will get a sheen on the BW surface with metal molds - and if you have any filmy areas inside the mold when you pour - those areas will leave a matte finish on the candle. Doesn't look good.