stuck tight

help required before i open the windown and chuck these stuck little suckers out!

Poured 16 votives today in 4 different rose scents and 4 of the buggars are stuck tight, any ideas on how to free them from there torture??

have tried the fridge, have tried slight tapping to name a few but these little suckers are tighter than my boss??

TIA

Stick them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. If that doesn't end up working, maybe dunk in hot water and see if you can pull 'em. Never had one though that wouldn't release by way of fridge, even if it sat for 20 minutes.

What kind of mold are you messing with? Typical votive molds or plastic?

Stick them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. If that doesn't end up working, maybe dunk in hot water and see if you can pull 'em. Never had one though that wouldn't release by way of fridge, even if it sat for 20 minutes.

What kind of mold are you messing with? Typical votive molds or plastic?

just the typical votive moulds managed to get one more out though:yay: accidently dropped the damm thing on the floor:mad: but it came out, at least will put back in the fridge and hope against all hope they feel like an escape to freedom!

I tap the bottom of the mold on the cement floor....really hard....that usually loosens them.

We tried the freezer method, but kept forgetting about them! :rolleyes2 If we left them in too long, the second pour would pop off the top!! We also had issues with them cracking when putting the wick in. We use IGI4794.

just the typical votive moulds managed to get one more out though:yay: accidently dropped the damm thing on the floor:mad: but it came out, at least will put back in the fridge and hope against all hope they feel like an escape to freedom!

If you used a wick pin with them then my guess will be suction. I had a few that were like that till I hit their bottoms pretty hard (just not hard enough to dent them.)

What kind of mold are they in? If it is metal, try cold (the refrigerator will do) then apply heat to the outside to expand the metal... If plastic, warm the mold in hot water so that it expands and is more flexible. Is this a mold made for votives or is it a votive cup, etc.? If there is the SLIGHTEST overhang (smaller toward the top than the bottom) on the mold, you won't be getting those puppies outta there alive...

help required before i open the windown and chuck these stuck little suckers out! :laugh2:

I know the feeling when it comes to votives! I can never keep the wicks centered and am now investing in a set of votive pins! As for your stuck creations, I can only suggest a longer time in the fridge or reheating the molds to melt the wax (this could get messy). I have some simple metal mold cups and have never had a problem with candles sticking to them, even without mold realease. Maybe a very light application of mold release will help. Is you wax specifically for votives? Maybe your wax is too sticky. Just some suggestions for you to think aboutto help solve the problem. Good Luck!