FBB and preservative

mslegacy

Ok, I was "creating" last night with my FBB from the Co-op. I was actually making a Body Butter, but decided to add FBB to see if I could get it creamier instead of harder. What resulted was an awesome creamy butter soap for the shower/bath. I love this stuff. Sorry, cant give recipe, because I am going to still play, but I may use it for the next swap I am in. Anyways, the ingredients I used was 8oz of FBB, and 1 or 2 oz of the following: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive oil, Jojoba Oil, Beeswax and Fragrance.

My Question is: I understand that the FBB has the preservative already in it, and supposedly compensates for the extra oils, but does anyone know how much oil it compensates for? Should I add a preservative to be safe, and if so, which one would be the best?

I would call or email the chemistry store for the answer to this. This is where it came from.

I tried that route and they chose not to reply. I add several items to mine and wanted to know "where" on the ingredients list I should add them. No response. That was over a week ago.

I've called John at Chemistry Store several times with this same type question. He's always been quick to return my calls or emails. However, it's been a couple of months since my last inquiry, so something could have changed.