Has anyone ever tried Kangaroo Blue Multibases

Which ones did you try and did you like them?

Shipping is getting so ridiculous on everything, I thought about trying some of the multibases out there that you add water to when you get them. It has to be a little cheaper. I have been shopping around and shipping cost is as much or more than the products.

I use some of KY's bases because I can drive and pick them up. I love the glaze and soy whip and their lotion base is good too, but I like to try different items.

Kangaroo Blue's multibases have multiple applications by varying the amount of deionized water you add.

Or if anyone knows of any other's that are good or better.

TIA

Jennifer

You mean I have to CLEAN?

JK

I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea that I don't mix my B&B in a sanitary environment. As a matter of fact, when I'm mixing my B&B, that's about the only time the kitchen is clean.

Between DH and my two lil' Ruggies, I'm always fixing somebody something to eat. I have given up on fixing me anything, I usually just eat what my babies have left on their plates. Waste not Want not.

I guess I'll give them a try. I liked the fact that you could make several different consistencies (sp?) from one product by varying the amount of water you add.

Woohoo something new

Thanks

Jennifer

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread- but that last comment is erroneous and needs addressing.

Multi-base does have enough preservative to cover a 4-1 dilution - but you have to be particularly hygenic in the preparation (as with any water based product) sterilizing your utensils, the containers and use only distilled water.

I have been using multi-base for 5 years now with NO issues - only once - years ago - did I ever see mold and it was because I mistakenly used a wooden spatula and forgot and left it in the jar - then forgot where I put the jar. It sat there for probably 2 months before being discovered.

Under those conditions - the spatula developed mold - but the cream surrounding it did not (but I discarded the entire thing, of course).

That is pretty good evidence that the cream was preserved enough to maintain it's integrity in the face of an attack.

Lesson learned - NEVER use porous, wood spatulas - they retain bacteria - and NEVER leave a foreign object in your jar.

One last note. I always provide my customers with a plastic spatula and direct them to try not introduce wet fingers into the jar as tap water is quite contaminated.

I am sure they still do at times ( as I do myself with a small container that I refill) so I encourage them to purchase the squeeze tube most of the time.

Keeping the rim and lid of your jar wiped down with alcohol adds some extra insurance against contamination.