Color blocks from French Color

Has anyone used the FC dye blocks? I want to try them because I heard these unlike some others don't have any indissoluble particles. I know the liquid dyes can have a solvent odor, but having not used the blocks (any type actually), I was wondering if they have any residual solvent odor at all.

Thanks very much.

I use the liquid dye from french and it has no solvent odor.

I find the FC liquids have a solvent odor that varies with the color.

The blocks have no solvent odor at all. They're just like regular dye blocks but disperse more easily and fully. The colors are nice. I only use them for personal projects but I like them.

The color chart you get with the whole set was useful to me. Since I weigh solid dye I was able to translate the colors on the chart into percent usage rates.

Thanks!

I used a couple colors only - I think it was burgandy and bayberry one xmas - and I think both had an odor that carried over into unscented candles - though I loved the color, so I thought maybe I could get the best of both worlds with their blocks.

Top, if you happen to revisit this thread, what do you think of their UV blocks?

I've never comparison tested any UV products. They have the two different inhibitors to cover the UV spectrum and probably they work fine.

If my system revolved around these dye blocks I'd consider using the UV inhibitor out of brand loyalty, but it warrants a cost comparison. Since the UV blocks are used in every project and the usage rate is pretty high, you'd go through them at a steady pace. The ones I got with the full set of blocks are gone by now and there was no incentive to buy more because I have plenty of UV inhibitor lying around.

It may be a moot point. Last time I looked (over the winter), no distributor was selling the UV blocks except with the full set of colors. Maybe that's changed.